Federal Interceptor PA-20A 2D problems

Lundy

Apr 17, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Looking for some help. I have a PA-20A 2D from 1969 that I'm fixing up. I've replaced all four transistors and the siren is fully functional. The only issue I have is when I select the WAIL position, the siren doesn't automatically engage. It'll stay silent before winding up and the wail tone does not loop. It rises, falls all the way down and goes quiet before rising back up again. Yelp and HI-LO both function fine. As does the MANUAL siren.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The 2D and 2E have completely different circuits and also sound different.

2D has deep slow rising and falling wail and yelp tones.

2E has high pitched fast rising / slow falling wail and yelp tones.

I checked my 2D manual and the problem is not listed in the troubleshooting chart. I wonder if it might be a weak electrical connection somewhere if the siren tones all seem to be working.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.