Federal PA-20A

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
Ive got an opportunity to purchase a PA-20A for 65 bucks, seller says everything functions as it should and it appears in good condition. Is this a good purchase? Im not too familiar with the older siren values. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
yes the seller stated he tested it and all functions work as they should, PA mic is attached. He says he found a manual online and found out which prongs to use to test the unit.

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
Just got some further info from him stating its a PA-20A series 2F in 24 volt. I wasnt even aware they had these in 24 volt, but he says it works on 12 volt.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Newton15 said:
Just got some further info from him stating its a PA-20A series 2F in 24 volt. I wasnt even aware they had these in 24 volt, but he says it works on 12 volt.

If it for display purposes, OK, personally I wouldn't buy a 24 volt if the plan was to use it.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I've never heard of a series 2F, unless the 2F is the 24 volt version of the 2E.

If you want a PA20A there are basically two versions (identified according the sound of the wail and yelp tones).

Early version (series 2B, 2C, and 2D): low-pitched wail and yelp tones - introduced in the late 1960s.

Later version (series 2E): high-pitched wail and yelp tones like the electronic sirens we hear nowadays - introduced in the early 1970s.

Series 2E is by far the most common version and is easy to find. If you like the high-pitched tones, you should be able to find a series 2E for sale real cheap.

The late 1960s versions with the low tones are rarer and worth more money.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.