SOLD Federal Signal 48 inch Vista strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux Ferous

Feb 24, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
For sale or trade Federal Signal 48 inch Vista lightbar. This bar has eight upper-level strobe heads and six lower-level red Gen-3 LED’s modules (two in the front, four in the rear), halogen take-downs and alleyways, and 1 man down blue LED module. The lightbar has eight available flash patterns can be programmed to each mode input of strobe heads. Lightbar is in very good working and clean condition. It has a long cable for the different features of this lightbar and for fast easy positive/negative hook-up. Lightbar is located in Schaumburg, IL. Due to the size and weight of the lightbars I would prefer local pick up. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm asking $165 for it, if the price is too high or too low, please let me know, I am open for reasonable offers. I live in Schaumburg, Illinois in the Chicago area. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8625.JPG
    IMG_8625.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8626.JPG
    IMG_8626.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8627.JPG
    IMG_8627.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

dasher

Sep 12, 2010
USA/Pa.
can you please post photos and price of the Federal Signal Arjent's SL in blue and the Federal Signal Legend in blue

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Man Down Blue LED Module is located in the back of the lightbar on the passenger side, it's a steady burn blue LED light. Applying 12VDC to the Gray wire will activate the man down function.
Also known as the "hostage light" by Ohio State Patrol. The option was present on jetsonics, edges and even in the lower deck of their lackluster vista. I believe it has been replaced by emergency functions of the mobile/portable radios.

Lux Ferous

Feb 24, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Forgive my ignorance, but where on the bar is the man down light and what does it look like illuminated?
Man Down Blue LED Module is located in the back of the lightbar on the passenger side, it's a steady burn blue LED light. Applying 12VDC to the Gray wire will activate the man down function.

Reactions: ur20v

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I recall another name for this light from few boards, and several years, back: the duress light.
"Hostage light" is what it was labeled in the Whelen Ohio State patrol drawings. It was closer to purple than blue when it was incandescent. With the standard features on radios the the ideais basically obsolete, but it was an interesting idea back in the day. I believe they were on the Jetsonics, Edges, and Vistas.

Whelen- Hostage light
Edge_9308_OH_1.jpg

The vista sheet calls it "man down"
mandown.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.