Federal Signal Aerotwinsonic 24X Candy Cane dome

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice, I walked away from an Aerotwin with this configuration recently because the seller wanted waaay too much for its condition.

Good Job, I have a midlength setup the same way but with red and blue lenses thats on my to do list.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Very nice. Great job too! I just picked up the exact same model in all red. It was on a truck that never left the station and is in like new condition. Got lucky on this one. Usually need to do something on each bar I get........

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Is it just me ? When watching the vid why is it when showing the front it looks like only the light is in the bottom of the bar?

But from the back the light is filling the intire bar.

Is that the way all those were set up?

Liberty703

Dec 11, 2012
Maine
chief1565 said:
Is it just me ? When watching the vid why is it when showing the front it looks like only the light is in the bottom of the bar?
But from the back the light is filling the intire bar.

Is that the way all those were set up?
That was the problem with the X mirrors. Many were converted to cascade style to give full light to the front.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The X-pattern mirrors never really were useful in AeroTwins in my opinion. The full cascade mirrors are the best for full warning to the front, but unfortunately not to the rear. The NYPD-style AeroTwin was a very effective front and rear warning lightbar. Too bad that model didn't catch on as quickly when sealed beams were still the king.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Ok thanks for the info. Now I understand why the "X" mirror was replaced.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Gotta disagree about the X mirrors. If viewed from the sides, the X mirrors produced a very cool criss-cross pattern to the side of the vehicle. We had all blue Aero Twins and the X mirrors were kind of an early intersection warning.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very very nice! Great job! :thumbsup: I really enjoy all your videos on YouTube.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.