Federal Signal Arjent S2 Issue

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
Need some imput, I have an Arjent S2 serial controlled through a Federal Signal 6 botton controller. Had this for a year or so and all was fine. I lost 2 of the 3 flash patterns that I selected and different patterns are now inserted in place. I cannot reprogram with the three finger mode on the bottom buttons now. Any thoughts?

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
I do not understand what you are referring to with the term "three finger mode." When programming an Arjent S2 with a progressive three-position slide switch, you must program the mode 3 first, then 2, then 1. Follow the directions in the manual exactly.

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
If you are using a 6-Button Controller (not the SmartSiren model), then you should be able to re-configure the buttons and program flash patterns just as you described. Are you sure you didn't lock out the unit? Its easy to hit the wrong button. If so, you can send it back to FS to be un-locked. Contact Support for more help. /dcb

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
The six button controller requires you, in each of the three modes, to hold down the three bottom keys simultaneously until a beep is heard then choose one of 9 patterns. This is what I can no longer do.

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
EVT said:
Jeez if it were me I''d say screw it! I'm not taking off a lightbar to get some new patterns!

He won't have to remove the lightbar, only send the control head back to be re-flashed. Really, Its not a big deal... couple days, maybe faster if you ask them to rush it since your bar is out of service.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.