Federal Signal Legend Issues

Pjmo596

Oct 3, 2019
Mississippi
I am having issues with 2 FedSig Legend Lightbars. Both the same issue but on different models.

Fisrt bar is installed on a 2009 Crown Vic. It is an older Legend bar with halogen Takedown and Alley lights. It is wired into a basic FedSig Smart Siren Controller. The issue I am having is in Mode 1-3 the rear of the bar will not flash. It will display Signal Master functions but the modes do not activate the rear of the bar; only the front.

Second bar is installed on a 2014 Ford Sedan. It is all led utilizing a standard SS controller. Same issue. No rear warning in Modes 1-3 but Signal Master is still working.

Both worked fine for years but all of a sudden it started having this problem. All modules light up fine in test mode. Has anyone experienced this issue before. Any remedies that don’t require replacing the entire bar.

Smart Siren is configured like so on both vehicles.
Slide 1 - Mode 1(Front Cutoff)
Slide 2- Mode 2 only
Slide 3- Mode 3 only
The Auxiliary switches 1-5 control the left and right Signal Master, Alley and takedowns.
Extremely basic setup.

Thanks if anyone has anything to share I am open to suggestions. I can provide a video if needed.

leddguy315

Sep 21, 2012
Spfld, IL.
Are the unused wires on the SIM wire harness cut and tapped off? Sounds like the rear cut off wire is somehow being activated by accident.

Pjmo596

Oct 3, 2019
Mississippi
Hey that’s what I suspected at first. I pulled the bars from the cars and it is still doing it with only the mode wires activated. I’m thinking there is a problem with the main control board inside the lightbar. Thanks for your response.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.