Federal Signal mini jetstream

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I have a friend who's son picked this up

IMG_20201209_171600.jpgIMG_20201209_171605.jpgIMG_20201209_171614.jpgIMG_20201209_171621.jpg

Hopefully you guys can give me some info on this version, 2 rotators, 2 v mirrors, looks like it could have been part of a full bar if so wanted but has an endcap on one side, the other is fully sealed. I'm guessing it could have had flashers in front and back of the mirrors in the opening as there are wires there to connect to something. I suggested a cleanup and polish of the lenses. Does anyone have the manual to one of these and any thoughts how much it's worth, also what does he use to lubricate the worm gear that won't destroy it.

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
This appears to be a pretty standard Mini Jet. 2 independent rotators, V mirrors, was pretty much to goto for this bar. They made versions with other options installed which is why you see the additional wires. All of them pretty much had a Red, Black and 2 Brown wires in the wiring harness.

Lubrication is any white lithium or synthetic grease, and would apply directly to the worm gear.

I cleaned up one of these just recently.

You should have 2 bands that go around the dome to seal the 2 domes together. My video only shows 1 retaining band.

As for value.. I think I paid $10 and mine has the rarer colored dome. Honestly cleaned up I would value it between $25-$75 all depending on condition.

Reactions: Dave F

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Gotcha, will advise. He said it did have 2 bands, he took the other off, I'll see if he still has it.
Thanks.. any docs on it?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Only 1 band is actually needed to keep the endcap and the dome connected and somewhat water tight. The 2nd is symmetrical and is the one that is missing on my video.

As for Documentation.. check page 9-10 ish it might be helpful. Credit goes to @tsquale for this, I could have sworn this was posted here on elb elsewhere but apparently I caught a case of the stupids.. cause I can't seem to find it.

Attachments

• Federal Jet Series 1994.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.