Federal Signal PA-CJ184 help

rm31859

Dec 21, 2021
Conover, NC
Hello all, I am new to the forum and collecting in general so I don't have a lot of technical knowledge when it comes to lights. I just acquired a Federal Sign and Signal Corp. PA-Light, Model CJ184 Series A1. It's in decent shape but needs a little love. The skirt is not attached to the base and I don't know how to attach it. It looks like three screws are supposed to hold the top of the skirt to the upper motor and lamp basket spindle plate. Is this correct? Also, when I removed the lamp basket to take the old belt off, the drive and driven belt pulleys are not aligned. The driven pulley that is mounted on the lamp basket spindle is lower than the drive pulley. Can i just loosen the set screws on the driven pulley and move it up or are there washers or shims that determine the height of the pulley? The speaker has been removed for this unit. Can someone point me to the correct speaker? I know this is a lot to put in one post and I apologize for that but I didn't know what else to do. I hope someone will be able to help me out on this. Thanks

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
you are correct on the attachment of the skirt. the skirt does attaches to the base with 3 (i believe they are 1/4" size bolts) adj to the contact plate. it looks like it's normal for a height difference for the belt between the drive pulley and the spindle pulley. the speaker for the CJ184 is a 58 watt speaker. i attached some pictures that might help.

Attachments

• CJ184 E3 003.JPG
    CJ184 E3 003.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CJ184 E3 005.JPG
    CJ184 E3 005.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 14
  • CJ184 E3 006.JPG
    CJ184 E3 006.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 14

rm31859

Dec 21, 2021
Conover, NC
I have another question. Two of my lamp baskets are missing the wire retainers that hold the lamp in. Has anyone ever seen what the seller described as a " later model Skeletonized lamp holder" ?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
This is a skeletonized lampholder:
AAjkzOa.jpg

Source: https://cgi.ebay.com/174933422117

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.