Federal Signal Ricochet 4 port vs 6 port strobe power supplies

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
I just purchased a second hand Vista with Ricochet, Was told a strobe power supply was bad, it has 2-4 port Ricochet supplies.

This is my first day with this lightbar, Will a 6 port power supply fit into the space that a 4 port occupies?

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
I don't know if the powersupplies are the same, but at "normal" strobes power supplies for the outboard section the 4- and 6- port supplies have the same size.

If the 4-port Ricochet powersupplies (due to the size) could also be mounted in the center, then I guess a 6-port powersupply would be larger.

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
I don't know if the powersupplies are the same, but at "normal" strobes power supplies for the outboard section the 4- and 6- port supplies have the same size.

If the 4-port Ricochet powersupplies (due to the size) could also be mounted in the center, then I guess a 6-port powersupply would be larger.
I think I have learned that the power supplies Ive seen cheap on ebay in the $20 range are for a vehicles electronics bay for controlling hideaways and grill strobes, while the exact replacement 4 ports were around the $100 range which I cannot do at this time,

I have since powered up the bar to find out that the strobes seem to work the way they are supposed to.

Attachments

• kfdjghnlkhgliaughf.jpg
    kfdjghnlkhgliaughf.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 5

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I think I have learned that the power supplies Ive seen cheap on ebay in the $20 range are for a vehicles electronics bay for controlling hideaways and grill strobes, while the exact replacement 4 ports were around the $100 range which I cannot do at this time,

I have since powered up the bar to find out that the strobes seem to work the way they are supposed to.
People often don't properly test strobes in the vista because it requires a combination of wires to activate them. Should you need a replacement pull the bad one and take a look at it, they had a few different generations.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.