Federal signal s2000 mic hookup?

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Hey guys I have an s2000 I was just wondering what I needed to do in order to get the mic working because even though the speaker is hooked up and working. The mic is not...

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
hitman38367 said:
Is the PA button/function activated in the programming? It could be that or it could be the wrong kind of mic, or you could just have a bad plug in the amp.

Can you help me with what level and key to activate?

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Get into the configuration mode. Select Level 3, row above the slide switch, 4th button from the left. Turn on key 11, which is the PA, row above the slide switch, third button from the left. Let me know if this doesn't work because I think there may be something else in a different level that you may need to do if it doesn't work.

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Doesn't seem to do it. But when saving my wail started to sound.... Is there possibly something with wiring that needs to be done from the 12pin? Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Knight347

Oct 25, 2012
Murfreesboro TN
if you are using the remote mic kit get a single flat washer 1/4 inch hole,put the washer on the mic plug shaft and plug into socket, Ive ran into this issue before the mic doesnt make contact in the socket unless you space it with the washer

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
hitman38367 said:
Get into the configuration mode. Select Level 3, row above the slide switch, 4th button from the left. Turn on key 11, which is the PA, row above the slide switch, third button from the left. Let me know if this doesn't work because I think there may be something else in a different level that you may need to do if it doesn't work.

The above reference by hitman was wrong. When you went into level 3 and pressed the 4th button on the row, you set it so that wail automatically comes on on power up. Take that back off...

There is not a setting for PA. The key 11 configuration only covers whether or not you are using key 11 as the horn ring transfer button or external relay (for using one mic for your PA and radio). If you plug the PA mic in and it doesn't work, something is broke... When you press the PTT button on the mic, do you hear a relay click in the box?

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
acs680 said:
The above reference by hitman was wrong. When you went into level 3 and pressed the 4th button on the row, you set it so that wail automatically comes on on power up. Take that back off...

There is not a setting for PA. The key 11 configuration only covers whether or not you are using key 11 as the horn ring transfer button or external relay (for using one mic for your PA and radio). If you plug the PA mic in and it doesn't work, something is broke... When you press the PTT button on the mic, do you hear a relay click in the box?
You are right. Thanks for that correction. I was reading the configuration manual wrong. It had been a very long day. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.