federal signal smart siren 2000sm PA not working

zath

Mar 5, 2023
Wisconsin
i have a federal signal smart siren 2000sm, as a matter of fact, i have 2 of them, Both of their siren tones work 100% but the PA function is extremely quiet like you gotta stand next to the speaker to hear em. this is the Smart siren model that has no adjustable PA volume knob. if anyone has any ideas for why the PA is not working it would be appreciated

What i have tested:
Used Mix extender and plugged straight to amp
3 different Fed Signal mics all different models one even new in box
2 different Smart sirens both same issue
rewired the 100W speaker and the low power speaker both same results

Attachments

• smart-sirn.jpg
    smart-sirn.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2

badbrad

Jan 29, 2011
canada, saskatchewan
its inside the black box on the side. remove the 2 1/4" screws enough to slide the cover off and look at the side of the siren, there are 2 pots, 1 for the radio volume and 1 for the pa.

Reactions: zath

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmoore77

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.