Federal Signal Viper S2 Fake or not?

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
It is typically advisable to go with the manufacturers opinion, especially should you ever need warranty work done.

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
thanks guys, I was willing to spend the cash but did not like that there was no pic of the back so I asked the seller to post one. Once I saw it, I knew something was wrong.

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
This guy is a member on here too.......name Dave-O. Be careful of buying items from him. He would not listen to me when I told him the manufacture said the lights were not real. I just saw his post, but glad someone on ebay bought them and not here. Pass the word along.

Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
This guy is a member on here too.......name Dave-O. Be careful of buying items from him. He would not listen to me when I told him the manufacture said the lights were not real. I just saw his post, but glad someone on ebay bought them and not here. Pass the word along.

Oh yay, a deceitful member. No wonder why he didn't post pictures of the back and took them at bad angles for his sale thread on here...

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
yes the angles were bad and that was another clue. I'm tempted to send him a message so he knows im on this site too but I think I will leave it be unless I see more fake items. I just don't want to see anyone out any money. I don't like people who sell fakes or claim they did not know when you have a site like this were you an ask and post a pic and get a fast response.

Reactions: Tony P

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sirennet has a in-depth video of the Viper S2. You can reference that video with any "Viper" on eBay and instantly know what is bona fide and what's a jokester.

I took a screen cap of the rear of the real deal:
Capture.JPG

Here's the wannabes:
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_icgAAOSwaB5XlcOn_s_l1600.jpg
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_LsYAAOSwQjZXQOTS_s_l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OliverD

Dave-O

Jun 11, 2010
Florida, USA
That's odd. Both of my sets look exactly like the screen cap from Sirennet right down to the ridge around the button. The set I sold was ordered directly from FS years ago and the other set came from a member on here. I'm sorry I don't take pictures to you guys' liking. I'll try harder next time.

Reactions: CTfirefighter

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.