Federal Vision wiring help

owl9704a

May 5, 2016
Yellville, Arkansas
I bet this is somewhere on this forum already, but no matter how I word it the search comes up empty. I know this vision uses a cat 5 cable from the control head to the bar. Now is this cable a standard cat 5 or is it reverse or modified in any way?
Thanks
Bob

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Standard.

If you are having issues check the continuity.

I have a Vision that was mounted, wouldn't work reliably, and removed after less than a month on the car. With no confidence it was cheap. It ended up being the larger (8?) cable to the bar from the box. A meter and bending the connection slightly verified the problem. Inexpensive low-time Vision needed a $1 part.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Yes, standard CAT 5 cable. On my , since replaced Vision, we had problems with the cat 5 cable, we ended up purchasing a cable with the pre molded and sealed connectors on both ends. Worked great until it was replaced by a LED bar.

owl9704a

May 5, 2016
Yellville, Arkansas
Thanks for all of your replies. I have 12 volts where I needed it. But the cat 5 cable had been broken and someone used grease to hold it in. I tried using a standard cat 5 cable and that is when I got the dreaded fault notification on the head. So I am figuring I will have to replace the boards to be safe.
Thanks again for all of the help I have gotten here.
Bob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.