FedSig Multi-Color Impaxx

rongstad

Jul 28, 2011
Texas
Nice....................FYI - video doesn't do these lights justice! They look better in person!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Nice, indeed!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Those are cool. It is hard to tell how bright they are with videos vs seeing them in person.

I wonder if they would work on the running boards and make the white come on with the truck interior lights?

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Eric1249 said:
Those are cool. It is hard to tell how bright they are with videos vs seeing them in person.

I wonder if they would work on the running boards and make the white come on with the truck interior lights?

Sure you could. You would have to find the dome trigger wire and tape in to that and run it to a relay then to what ever light head you want to come on.

Sent From My HTC EVO 3D On Sprint The Now Network.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I found an older video that Pimp made comparing the "center focused" head with the "advanced off axis" head. The center focused has a lot less spread, and if that's what they're using for the TD versions it ought to be decent.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
I talk to Jon @ Lone Star and he said these are the same as on the Valor and Vision SLR HotFoot. I've seen the valor with the hotfoot only once up close and those suckers are bright!! Like I said in another post, The new style leds/housing made my Legend look like a toy.... SO I'm pretty sure these are going to make some nice Take Downs/Alley Lights! :thumbsup:

I really would like to see how these work/look sync?

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Quentin said:
I talk to Jon @ Lone Star and he said these are the same as on the Valor and Vision SLR HotFoot. I've seen the valor with the hotfoot only once up close and those suckers are bright!! Like I said in another post, The new style leds/housing made my Legend look like a toy.... SO I'm pretty sure these are going to make some nice Take Downs/Alley Lights! :thumbsup:

I really would like to see how these work/look sync?

I'm hoping that Jon has a pair on the way to me!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Quentin said:
I talk to Jon @ Lone Star and he said these are the same as on the Valor and Vision SLR HotFoot....

Yes, same modules. Mine are supposed to arrive next week and I'm hoping to have the chance to do a good video of them in various modes, and at night shining against a wall or something.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Stop by a local federal dealer. He just got his test one in today. I didn't get to see it light up but it looks like a little beast.

I place an order with them for 4 tri color and hope they have a fast turn over time...

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I just started changing my lights. Can you have these just flash one color, such as just red and have the clear come on just as a take down?

How well do these work as a take down?

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Eric1249 said:
I just started changing my lights. Can you have these just flash one color, such as just red and have the clear come on just as a take down?

How well do these work as a take down?

You'd get the red/clear color ones and you have it flash red or program it to flash red/white. Now for the td to work it's a separate wire. Once it see 12v it will change to a sold white.

If you read in to the manual it will show how to wire them up and how to program. These look like there going dominate on the market.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Eric1249 said:
Thanks Quentin

So where can I get these?

Jon on here is the one that started this and added the videos. He also owns a website lonestarpse.com. great prices

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Quentin said:
Jon on here the one that started this and added the videos. Also has a website lonestarpse.com or .org one of the two.

Jon @ Lonestar Products and Equipment is the owner of the videos (and a great shop to deal with). Any Federal Signal dealer should be able to assist you.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Quentin said:
These look like there going dominate on the market.

I don't think that. They'll be like any other split/dual color module. The only difference is there's a steady/takedown function, which I don't see a whole lot of users taking advantage of. If they were true, independant, dual color modules, I'd see them having an edge in the market, specifically for volunteers who use their vehicles for multiple things.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
rwo978 said:
I don't think that. They'll be like any other split/dual color module. The only difference is there's a steady/takedown function, which I don't see a whole lot of users taking advantage of. If they were true, independant, dual color modules, I'd see them having an edge in the market, specifically for volunteers who use their vehicles for multiple things.

I think they would be perfect on a pov. I really want side lighting and scene lighting well now I don't have to double up lights.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
How many POVs want 'scene' lighting? I can see them wanting independant functioning more.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I might put one or two on my running boards. I thought they might be cool to have to option if I need a light to the side. Not for running on calls but if someone drops something, etc. Just to have that option. And I am going to put two by my rear plate to replace the Stars that I have on there now. It would give me some light if I need to (un)hook my trailer or something like that.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I got a red/clear Impaxx. First impression is it is a nice looking light. The instructions seem more like a novel.

I was messing with it alittle. It is bright. My g/f has some Whelen Tir3's on her truck and I want to compare them. I don't think there will be much difference straight on. But the off axis seems like it would be better on the Impaxx. Tonight before I go to work I want to see how bright the takedowns are. I was thinking one or two on each of my runningboards. I would like the takedowns to come on when the doors are unlocked and/or with a switch. I was thinking possibly another pair mounted to the rear plate with the takedowns on a switch so I have some type of light lighting up my trailer if I need it.

My impression so far. Im not thrilled with the flash patterns. If you have a good use for the takedowns (depending how bright they are) or you want a dual color led but not a spilt led, these might be a decent light. I went with red/clear. If I just needed a a single color warning light and no use for a takedown, I would go with a Tir3 or Linz at half the price. My .02

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Has anyone else purchaed these lights? The instructions are terrible. (no sleep might not help either) I want to be able to wire the takedowns up so they can come on anytime other then when all my other lights are on. Not sure if this is possible?

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Eric1249 said:
Has anyone else purchaed these lights? The instructions are terrible. (no sleep might not help either) I want to be able to wire the takedowns up so they can come on anytime other then when all my other lights are on. Not sure if this is possible?

Are you wanting the white function to not be able to override the colored flashing? I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. (i do have a pair of R/B/W at home)

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
ryanm said:
Are you wanting the white function to not be able to override the colored flashing? I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. (i do have a pair of R/B/W at home)

I think he's asking if the white will work if the other colors aren't already powered up - do they have to be flashing, or can the white be used independently of the red/blue? I'd like to know also....

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
PJD642 said:
I think he's asking if the white will work if the other colors aren't already powered up - do they have to be flashing, or can the white be used independently of the red/blue? I'd like to know also....

He is right. I want to be able to turn the white on at any time. Like if for some reason I just need to be able to see to the sides of the truck. So when the white is being used the reds would no be used at the same time. Or if I were to mount them on the rear plate it would give me some light if I need to hook up my trailer at night.

I saw in the instructions that they can be hooked to a seprate flasher. I like that idea.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
PJD642 said:

Ah, ok. Yes, so long as you power the white+red wires.

red wire only = flash colors

white wire only = nothing

red+white wires = white (or other color steady) override (assuming you have your option color set to white, then it would be a steady burn white)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
After messing with the light for awhile I don't think they takedown and the flashing red can work independent of eachother. It would be nice if they would.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have red/clear and I can have the red flash or red and clear. I can't say for sure if you can do that with red blue?

I think if you could run the takedowns dependent from the colors that you want to flash, they would be better. Just my .02

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
NHFDFF81 said:
so can you have just red or just blue flashing and not the mix of the two ?

You can get the IPX6 in signal, double, Tri color.

I dont think the tri color can flash just red then just blue if that was your question.

If you get the double color in red and blue. And I read right you can have red as warning and turn the steady burn in to flash and set to blue. This is just a guess if they make the like red/blue

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I have a couple tri-colour Impaxx6's here. You can set them up to flash red/blue then go steady burn white when you power the appropriate (white) wire. That's the default and how they are shipped. You can also set them up to flash red/blue/white then go steady white when you power the white wire.

The lights are very bright. WAAAY brighter than a TIR3 or Lin3. There's no comparison, but that shouldn't be a surprise since those have 3 LEDs and the Impaxx has 6, so it's not a fair comparison. The off-axis is extremely good as well whereas a TIR of any sort is just about dead. I put it up against a Viper EXT (8 LEDs) and they're pretty similar, from about 50' away. I think the off-axis of the Impaxx is slightly better than the Viper, but it's so close you can't really call it one way or the other.

The metal housing is very nice and it seems well sealed. I really like the fact that you can remove the 2 rear screws and thread in a stud for direct mounting it, or you can mount it with the bezel. Nice thinking.

Not sure how the whites will be in terms of a takedown light function. They're bright, but the lens is diffused, not center focused. I'm putting a pair of these on the front grille of my crown vic, so I'll try to take some pictures and post them - but not for a few days at least.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Mark

I have a red/clear. I would like to be able to have the red flash and have the clear come on independent of the red. In other words I dont want to have to have the red flashing in order to use the takedown. Is this possible? If I can to get them to work this way I would put a pair on my running boards.

Can these be ran on a seprate flasher?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.