FedSig SIGM2F Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
Just got a couple Federal Signal SIGM2F Deck halogen lights for the car, but when I plug them into the cig. outlet to test them, only one steady-burn light comes on. This happens with both lights, and I figured I'm not doing something right, so I come to the experts ;) . I simply attached a cig. plug to the end of the 2 wires (like it shows in FedSig's instructions), but I keep having this problem. Any ideas?

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
It's a used unit.

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
I read over the installation packet from fedsig.com, and it says that the 12v cigar plug is what to do, no additional wiring is needed, but then it says that a separate ground is needed X__X. I am unsure what to believe, because I've tried both now and niether seem to work.

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
Well, I fixed the problem...I pulled the shell apart, and it turns out that in the lights, the female connector to the light from the flasher wasn't connected...go figure!

All is well now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.