Feniex Apollo vs. Cobra Inner Visor Bars

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
Hello,
I've done a good amount of research on the differences between the Apollo and Cobra Inner Visors bars and the one thing I haven't concluded is which bar has a lower profile in natural light.

I understand the physical dimensions are identical. The videos and pictures I've seen always have the bars on or are for sale purposes. I haven't been able to get a clear sense of what they look like off behind windshield tint. From the way the Apollo is constructed for better off axis warning, it appears there's much more reflective material for natural light to reflect off of when off thereby making it more visible, less low profile. I'm wondering what other people's personal observations have been when comparing the two bars.

Thanks for your assistance.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
If they're behind tint, say 20%, they're both hard to see. Yes, the Apollo has a larger foot print when it comes to optics, but behind 20% tint, they both would be about negligible.

With that said, the cobra is better for using behind tint. The TIR optics make it better for piercing through tint. The Apollo's optics are best utilized with very little to no tint. Plus the Apollo can be had in dual colored modules, where the cobra cannot.

If you're looking for what to use behind a stock windshield tint from the factory and not be seen, then the cobra would be it, with its much slimmer profile.

I hope this helps. There's alot of pros/cons to each bar. It's just a matter of finding which bar meets your needs the best.

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
If they're behind tint, say 20%, they're both hard to see. Yes, the Apollo has a larger foot print when it comes to optics, but behind 20% tint, they both would be about negligible.

With that said, the cobra is better for using behind tint. The TIR optics make it better for piercing through tint. The Apollo's optics are best utilized with very little to no tint. Plus the Apollo can be had in dual colored modules, where the cobra cannot.

If you're looking for what to use behind a stock windshield tint from the factory and not be seen, then the cobra would be it, with its much slimmer profile.

I hope this helps. There's alot of pros/cons to each bar. It's just a matter of finding which bar meets your needs the best.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I talked to a distributor and he told me I could get the cobra optics in dual color it seems... Because I'm needing a passenger side bar and have a dark eyebrow tint strip and he said I would just have to wait on it to arrive from the factory. May be something to check on if you are actually needing dual color to punch through tint but the overall look and footprint you asked about would be the cobra being more concealed.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I don't know what distributor you talked to but the Cobra optics aren't dual color. Unless he meant split colors but you can't get split colors on the lightbars either because the modules are dummy modules controlled by a flasher.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The Cobra itself is absolutely not available in dual color.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
apollo takedown optics yes.. but that's not the Cobra optic. It wont have the SAE rating as the spread is too narrow.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
The only place to get Feniex is through FEVER. He will help you

Why do you need dual color? If you are after the flood function and you are going to put it behind tint, it will be useless.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Got ya... Makes sense

He just acted like it would be the TIR cobra heads
This is a typical misconception. The other misconception from alot of dealers is that the apollo is just as bright head on. Simply not true.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hello,
I've done a good amount of research on the differences between the Apollo and Cobra Inner Visors bars and the one thing I haven't concluded is which bar has a lower profile in natural light.

I understand the physical dimensions are identical. The videos and pictures I've seen always have the bars on or are for sale purposes. I haven't been able to get a clear sense of what they look like off behind windshield tint. From the way the Apollo is constructed for better off axis warning, it appears there's much more reflective material for natural light to reflect off of when off thereby making it more visible, less low profile. I'm wondering what other people's personal observations have been when comparing the two bars.

Thanks for your assistance.

I've installed both Cobra and Apollo full ILB's. The Cobra is a bit stealthier than Apollo when sunlight reflects off it, not a big difference, but some.

As other have said, if you have a tint strip then your stealth factor will be about the same with either bar. The Cobra will be better at punching through the tint though.

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
Thanks for all your feedback everyone! I've decided to go with a cobra and install it in my brand new 2016 Ford Explorer limited. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but after reading the installation instructions I'm not so sure this is something your average person should attempt to pull off, especially with limited knowledge of vehicle power distribution and not wanting to blow up my new car. I'm wanting to install both a cobra in the visor and cobra 600 in the rear on a mini 4200 and both lights say they need to be run straight off the battery. I don't even have a clue where to get in through the firewall.

Is this something I should be able to do on my own with a little bit of guidance from folks on elighbars or should I really seek professional installation? Forgive my serious lack of knowledge here.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Thanks for all your feedback everyone! I've decided to go with a cobra and install it in my brand new 2016 Ford Explorer limited. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but after reading the installation instructions I'm not so sure this is something your average person should attempt to pull off, especially with limited knowledge of vehicle power distribution and not wanting to blow up my new car. I'm wanting to install both a cobra in the visor and cobra 600 in the rear on a mini 4200 and both lights say they need to be run straight off the battery. I don't even have a clue where to get in through the firewall.

Is this something I should be able to do on my own with a little bit of guidance from folks on elighbars or should I really seek professional installation? Forgive my serious lack of knowledge here.

With that limited knowledge i woudl suggest help. You have a brand new vehicle, don't try to save money and risk tearing something up in order to save a couple hundred bucks.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
With that limited knowledge i woudl suggest help. You have a brand new vehicle, don't try to save money and risk tearing something up in order to save a couple hundred bucks.

^^^That's great advice. I will say I've learned a lot from tearing vehicles apart over the years. But I've also broken many things being too curious and too impatient when I was younger. If you're not comfortable with doing on your own, definitely don't do it by yourself.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
IF it was an older vehicle and not worth alot, I'd say save some money and try to learn. I've even had people come in and want to help (to learn themselves) typically not against it and will allow people to help and teach them about the process... unless they are super annoying

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.