Feniex Cannon Steady Burn feature Q's

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
I'm going to be adding roof marker lights to my '13 GMC Sierra, and planning to add LED's to use as hideaway emergency lighting for the FD.  I got the idea from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1FPmg_V_qM (ignore the fact that most would consider him a whacker, and pay attention to the Vertexes in the roof lights)...I'd like to have both emergency lighting as well as the regular roof marker lights.  I don't see an easy way to get prewired marker lights, so I think the easiest way would be to order Red(or White depending on position) + Amber, and set one wire up to burn steady Amber wired to the running lights, and of course the other modes for the emergency lighting.  Would the steady burn last long enough to support a function like this, or if it's too bright is there a way to tone down the steady burn?  Looking for any opinions.  Thanks

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
You certainly *COULD* do this...I'm assuming you'd be using 120s, and angling them so they face forward?  That appears to be what he did with the vertex.  Amber steady burn would certainly be bright enough, and if it was too bright there's a couple threads about using Cannons for stop/turn/tail that specify what resisters you'd need to to dim them down.

Not sure this would be the best use of your money however...you won't have any kind of reflector to focus or enhance the LEDs, and the footprint is quite small and directional.  I'd go with regular marker lights up top, and maybe some T3 heads at the top of the windshield just below the headliner.  Nice & tiny, very unobtrusive, and VERY bright.

Alternatively, if you insist on flashing marker lights, I'd try this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
We have cannon 360 as our brake, tail light, turn signals, parking lamps, and daytime running lamps on our demo unit. We have purposely kept the daytime running lights on for trips of 12 plus hours and have not had a failure yet.

Fezzik

May 8, 2015
Central Maine
We have cannon 360 as our brake, tail light, turn signals, parking lamps, and daytime running lamps on our demo unit. We have purposely kept the daytime running lights on for trips of 12 plus hours and have not had a failure yet.

Fever is it a solid color Cannon or a split color? I was thinking about putting a split color cannon in my DRL's in a 2003 suburban and having one color for the DRL and the other for warning.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
split.  Doesn't really matter as even the solid splits  itself for steady burn

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

We've done the same on customer vehicles.  DRLs are mandatory in Canada.  We took a 2014 Tahoe and removed the factory DRL halogen bulbs, and put red/white and blue/white Cannons in.  The whites stay on all day, unless the truck is in warning mode.  It's been 6 months of daily use and no complaints or failures yet. 

The Feniex engineers will tell you (as they told me) that as long as the heat sink on the back of the lighthead has adequate airspace (it's not up against foam or something), they can steady-burn indefinitely.  

Reactions: got_yogurt

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Pretty much what I tell people. Oh and don't put them next to a hot bulb. Think about it. That heat sync will attract the heat of bulbs. Namely headlights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.