Feniex Cannons Heat Dissipation

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
I was planning to mount cannons in my factory turn signals (appx 2" x 3")

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1tEQmIXXXXXaRXFXXq6xXFXXXI/Motorcycle-Parts-Front-Rear-Turn-Signals-Blinker-Indicator-Bulb-Light-Lamp-Clear-font-b-KAWASAKI-b.jpg

Test fit is done, and I planned on mounting some aluminum washers inside the housing to the back of the LAWs as well as venting the housing. They will be used for amber turn and amber/blue strobe. 

Do you see this use putting the lights at risk of overheating? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
With you venting the housing there really shouldnt be an issue at all

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I was planning to mount cannons in my factory turn signals (appx 2" x 3")

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1tEQmIXXXXXaRXFXXq6xXFXXXI/Motorcycle-Parts-Front-Rear-Turn-Signals-Blinker-Indicator-Bulb-Light-Lamp-Clear-font-b-KAWASAKI-b.jpg

Test fit is done, and I planned on mounting some aluminum washers inside the housing to the back of the LAWs as well as venting the housing. They will be used for amber turn and amber/blue strobe. 

Do you see this use putting the lights at risk of overheating? 
I don't think you will have an issue.. especially with the venting of the housing

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Straight from the resident Feniex expert, thanks! I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue - they look awesome in the housing and are quite discreet.
We have actually done similar with some custom choppers.  Everyone is quite thrilled

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.