Feniex Cobra 800 Flash Patterns Video

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Does anyone have a video or can make a video of the flash patterns on the Feniex Cobra 800? I plan on buying this light or a Whelen Dominator 8 head very soon. It is going in the rear window of my vehicle and to me the more flash patterns the better. As much as I love Whelen I think their patterns are too plain jane and simple. Seeing the Cobra 600 and the rocker panels the patterns look crazy and it is not just a simple back and forth.

If you could provide a link to a video of the flash patterns for the Feniex Cobra 800 that would be super awesome.

Thanks!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
John,

I don't have a cobra, and this is the only video I found with several of the flash patterns on youtube.

Just keep in mind, that yes crazy flash patterns look "cool" when we're staring at them in the garage. However, in reality especially when we're talking about a rear light stick, slow patterns and big blocks of light are not only more effective but SAFER. The crazy flash patterns seem to attract all kinds of people who will just want to get up close and personal with your rear bumper, and give you a really bad day.

Seth

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Slow back and forth patterns are far better for rear facing lights than the crazy seizure patterns. Visible from much farther away and less blinding at night.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
John,

I have provided two things for you to look at. First a video of the different flash patterns and the 2nd is a flash pattern list provided by Feniex.

Video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9_Mk29hjeg

Litigate sheet: https://www.feniex.com/literature/flashpatterncobra882588401.pdf

As others have said, the slower patterns are more effective and IMHO,look more professional when on scene. I know we all like making blinkies do crazy things, but sometimes simple is jest better. The cobra series is very impressive and I'm glad your interested in it. I'm a dealer for them, so I'm offering several deals and packages with the cobra 800 and the entire cobra series, so let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Edit: When installing it, you can set it to have a faster pattern when responding and a slower one on scene. A faster pattern to show that you needing to move a little faster, while a slower one on scene to show that they need to slow down. It's a psychological thing.

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Thanks for everyone's input. The pattern that most interested me is the "Cluster 4" pattern. It can be seen here (Feniex Cobra 800 LED Light Stick - YouTube) I think the slower flash patterns are better for longer distances (example: on a highway or interstate) I think when you are on city streets where the traffic does not have as much time to "stare" at your lights it should be set to a quad or triple flash pattern so it catches the eye a lot better.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I'll be doing a Feniex Cobra 600 flash pattern demo video in a week or so :thumbsup:

And as others have said, although the super crazy ones look cool, the slower patterns are more effective.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.