Feniex Cobra Mini Bar Issue...Any ideas?

EricTheNerd

Apr 1, 2014
Vermont
My brother has a Cobra mini bar, one of the older models. The front left and rear right modules stay lit the entire time the light is powered on, in sort of a cruise mode. Although I think it's kind of neat, :D he doesn't like it and asked me to try my hand at repairing it. Before I break into the bar, has anyone seen an issue like this, and what could be causing it? I thought maybe it was a moisture issue, but should I be looking at the whole light or the individual modules for the issue?

I've attached photos, can do a video if need be, but I think you'll get the idea:
ai.imgur.com_KGG9p7i.png ai.imgur.com_WRcJaBX.png

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
On that mini there aren't any flasher. All the light modules are hooked together. Have you tried changing the flash pattern to see if the lights stay in steady burn or start flashing? It can be easy if someone was flipping through the patterns quickly to have some of the modules jump to a different pattern than the rest. You will have to change patterns twice because the next pattern would be brake flash. If that fixes the problem then it's an easy fix you can do yourself without voiding the warranty. If it doesn't then you will have to call tech. support and probably send the bar in for repairs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.