Feniex Dummy Heads

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Where does one buy dummy heads for the cobra series?
I currently need a cobra 600 dummy and 2 cobra surfaces mounts that are dummy heads.
Are the t3s available in dummy heads?

Thank you guys for the info!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
any dealer can sell them.

The t3 are not available in dummy heads. They specifically have a mode that acts like a dummy mode without any delay.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I buy all my dummys from that guy^^^^.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
any dealer can sell them.

The t3 are not available in dummy heads. They specifically have a mode that acts like a dummy mode without any delay.

Can you buy a dummy cobra 600?
I noticed the t3 have a steady burn but it shuts off in roughly 5seconds. I want to run the Whelen steadyflash pattern and it doesn't seem the t3 can handle that pattern

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The lightheads in question are not designed for that type of operation, so the manufacturer has implemented that safety feature in the driver to prevent any damage from occurring to the lighthead. Hence, minimizing returns of the product and preserving the image and reliability of the product.

If you are looking for steady burn, then go with an LED flood or work light specifically designed for that operation. The LED drivers and heat sink for those lightheads have been calculated to perform at those conditions.

Tony

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I think Wolf is wanting to run them on a Whelen steady flash pattern, not just steady burn.

Wolf are you wanting Signalert (pattern1 on a ULF44) or steady flash (pattern 63 on ULF, also known as Signalert steady on the M series)?

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
In my experience if you want to run the Whelen steady flash pattern use a Whelen lightheaded. It does cost extra for the product but you will have more reliable results as many other brand lights don't work well or don't work at all with that pattern.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I think Wolf is wanting to run them on a Whelen steady flash pattern, not just steady burn.

Wolf are you wanting Signalert (pattern1 on a ULF44) or steady flash (pattern 63 on ULF, also known as Signalert steady on the M series)?

You are right. Pattern 63 on a ulf44. The steady flash pattern implemented on mass state police cruisers. Would this be able to work with a dummy cobra 600 stick

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Tell ya what...I installed a ULF44 on our HMMWV a while back and I have some loose T3 and T6 heads in my demo box. We have weekly training tonight so Ill test it out and get back to you with the results.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
So I took a standard 2015 T3(set on the 5 seconds run/off pattern) and T6(set to steady burn) and cycled through the ULF44 patterns (mfg. date 2014). They all worked well. I would assume that since dummy T6 heads have no flasher circuits built in they would work as well. Video at the bottom...

I do have a few concerns.
Like ERM said, running the heads on that pattern might cause premature wear, the brightness at night (unless you wire in/use the ULF dim feature), and the effectiveness of the pattern. I think Signalert or action flash are a much better choice than steady flash.

Since you mentioned MSP, if they are using Whelen bars designed for that pattern/function they shouldn't have any problems. Using Feniex heads to
function the same way might be an issue.....

Last edited:

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
So I took a standard 2015 T3(set on the 5 seconds run/off pattern) and T6(set to steady burn) and cycled through the ULF44 patterns (mfg. date 2014). They all worked well. I would assume that since dummy T6 heads have no flasher circuits built in they would work as well. Video at the bottom...

I do have a few concerns.
Like ERM said, running the heads on that pattern might cause premature wear, the brightness at night (unless you wire in/use the ULF dim feature), and the effectiveness of the pattern. I think Signalert or action flash are a much better choice than steady flash.

Since you mentioned MSP, if they are using Whelen bars designed for that pattern/function they shouldn't have any problems. Using Feniex heads to
function the same way might be an issue.....

Thank you so much for your help. I'm glad to see it works. The pattern would strictly be used for nighttime. Actionflash would be used for rest of time. And the dim function would be used as well for steadyflash. With dim enabled I don't believe I should have to much of an issue with premature wear but time will tell.

I know MSP uses steady flash on both Whelen and code 3 heads and bars so have my fingers crossed that feniex can be added to that list.
Really appreciate you going above and beyond to answer this .

Reactions: Sparky_911

EricTheNerd

Apr 1, 2014
Vermont
So I know this thread is a bit dated now, but just wondering how your project turned out for you? I put a ULF44 in my car this weekend, with all feniex lights, and my T3's do not play nice with the steady flash pattern. They time out just before the pattern "flickers", and usually all but two just stay dark. I also have two-mode cannons and apollo F6's in my setup, and they work just fine. Just wondering if you were able to make it work?

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
So I know this thread is a bit dated now, but just wondering how your project turned out for you? I put a ULF44 in my car this weekend, with all feniex lights, and my T3's do not play nice with the steady flash pattern. They time out just before the pattern "flickers", and usually all but two just stay dark. I also have two-mode cannons and apollo F6's in my setup, and they work just fine. Just wondering if you were able to make it work?
Ended up not going with the smart heads. Instead in the end I will be buying 6 t6 dummy heads from fever and running them to the external flasher as they do not have the time out issue

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.