Feniex Fusion ILB Single color questions

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
I have bought a barely used Feniex Fusion Pass side ILB. I thought there was takedown functionality/all modes steady burn but it does not have this. Is there a way to make this work or is it a no go because it was not spec'd with it from the factory? The PCB says "Rev 08.

If not, second question, will a Fusion 2X single color dash light run four modules?

Thank you!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Im little confused about the second question.

The Fusion 2x dash light is just two fusion surface mounts in a housing. Not sure how you'd fit two extra modules on that housing though.

If you got an answer, it would be best to post up what it is and clarify what you are trying to do so it can be used as a reference for anyone in the future. This site is more of a reference than Facebook... posting answers really helps people. I know a lot of people are going to Facebook now for socializing online but its really jeopardizing resources like this site which can have valuable SEARCHABLE data versus hoping someone just answers your question a group that scrolls quickly

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Im little confused about the second question.

The Fusion 2x dash light is just two fusion surface mounts in a housing. Not sure how you'd fit two extra modules on that housing though.

No problem!

What I was trying to do was swap out the Fusion 2X light heads into the Fusion ILB due to the colors that came with the ILB. It came B/B/B/B and I wanted to do a B/W/B/W. I have a W/W Fusion 2X and wanted to put those modules into it.

I also could not figure out how to get the whole bar to steady mode. That part I figured out as it is located in the traffic advisor pattern selection.

I did the swap but determined the smart modules/lights from the 2X do not work well with the "dumb" modules/lights of the ILB. So then I was wondering if the two smart modules from the 2X could run one more each from the ILB. Basically wire the entire 2X inside the ILB and have that operate the flash and steady burn.

Does that help? I may be explaining it poorly.

Reactions: Carlos SpicyWeiner

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Makes perfect sense to me...

Yeah so for future reference, Feniex's 1x, 2x, 100, 200 are just simply fusion surface mounts in a housing. They are essentially two smart modules in a housing, because the housings are not big enough to incorporate Feniex's 10x flasher that is used in the interior bars and larger light sticks.

CURRENTLY the smart modules do not play well with an external flasher due to the boot up time for the processor. It might work on slower patterns but not properly on fast ones.

The new V3 smart modules should work better with an external flasher. That said, its still probably just in your best interest to buy designated dummy modules. 1) they are slightly cheaper 2) they will plug into the harness and generally be easier to install.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.