Feniex install on 2016 Dodge Ram (another Sparky install)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Install I did over Memorial day weekend.
2016 Dodge Ram Quad cab 4x4

Equipment used was all Feniex
Storm 4200 Mini (my first experience with one, very impressed).
4- Cobra T6 in grille (2B, 2W)
1- Cobra 2x in front window (B/W)
4- Apollo single heads on the rockers/step tubes (2B/W each side)
2- Cobra 200 in rear window (1W/W, 1B/B)
8- (yes 8) Cobra T3 under the tailgate (6B, 2W)

I had input on helping the customer decide where to place heads and what would work best given the budget. Color combinations and flash patterns were the customers choice.

20160530_001145.jpg 20160530_005339.jpg 20160530_124427.jpg 20160530_143134.jpg

And as always, a quick video

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Looks great. Love the T-3 under the tailgate. Glad they fit. When I was looking at doing something there under my 14 RAM tailgate there were not many options that would fit. Have yet to put anything there.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks great. Personally, I would have rather seen amber in place of the white in the rear but overall it looks great.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
We can't run amber in IL. I would have gone solid blue in the rear, but it still looks good. Nice install overall and great choice on flash patterns.

Dan

:rolleyes:

Should have known better with all the other backwards ass laws in that state.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thanks all. It took me about 16 hours to install. That doesn't count the fab and paint time for the rear window, grille and step tube brackets.

Dan and acala, I totally agree....we got some effed up IVC laws. And this is for another thread but they are changing the laws for tow trucks. They will soon be able to run R/A/B if the bill passes.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
16 hours??????? um...........wow

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I had it all laid out before hand. 4 hours on day 1 doing tear apart/prep (drilling holes, removing panels), 12 hours day 2 mounting heads and running wire.

Reactions: Tony P

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
16 hours??????? um...........wow
So are you just trolling around these build threads shatting on people's stuff or what's the deal?

Sparky, how much room did you have between the T3's and the edge of the tailgate from hitting? I'm trying to shove a couple Whelen one's underneath mine and I haven't done it yet, looks too close... maybe the Feneix ones are smaller/thinner?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I had about .5 inch of clearance. I mounted the bottom of the rubber flange on the seam that runs across the bed width. I'll see if I can grab a pic for you.

I'd bet the whelen ones are a bit deeper.

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
No kidding. Any jackass can have an amber light, but god forbid I use it with my blue lights.

I have amber on my light bar facing rear and have never had one cop say anything but I've had white facing the rear past the b post and got my ass chewed out

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
So are you just trolling around these build threads shatting on people's stuff or what's the deal?
Noticed this as well. Not sure what the deal is.
Sparky great work. Love the sync. Personally would of added amber but you have to follow your state laws. Great work and solid install. Also good to see that the t3s fit under the tailgate so nicely

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.