Feniex R5 turning on by itself!

Nov 22, 2011
Delaware Valley
So I just got around to installing a Feniex R-5 in a car we have. Top big button goes to front flashing, center activates scene lighting, and bottom big button activates rear flashing. Then the two circle buttons are wired to wail and yelp, respectively, on a Feniex siren. So far only the siren and front lights have been wired. The problem is that sometimes when starting or turning off the vehicle, the wail function will activate without a button being pressed. It also was randomly activated for God knows how long when I left it in the garage for lunch and came back a half hour later. I've been trying to troubleshoot the issue, but it is only ever the wail that activates. The lights never come on randomly, nor does the yelp.

I'm thinking it is either a power surge due to it mainly happening when the vehicle is turned on/off, but that also leads me to believe there is something wrong with the Feniex controller since it sounds like there are physical relays inside the box. Anyone have any ideas?

I know there was another thread on here about someone wiring up their R-5, but we never saw the finished results.

Nov 22, 2011
Delaware Valley
SireLite said:
Sounds like the unit is getting interference from something that broadcasts on the same frequency. Causing it to turn on.

The radio hasn't been installed yet, so the only thing I can think of is someone's car key fob or an automatic sliding door sensor. Never even thought of that!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.