Feniex Titan 100 issues

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I currently have 2 T100 heads mounted below my rear bumper that come one with my reverse lights. I have them wired to the reverse wire in the trailer plug, grounded, and fused inline. They lasted for 6 plus months then one burnt out completely. After sending it to Feniex and getting it back a month later I remounted it. That was towards the end of December 2013. Now about 2 weeks ago I noticed both of the lights are half burnt out including the one that was just repaired. Getting them fixed is not the issue because they are under warranty, but I am confused as to why they are going out so quickly.

Is this an issue they had at one point? Obviously one is newer because it was refurbed in December. Any ideas?

I love the amount of light they put out and definitely do not want to get rid of them.

I would contact Feniex at the 800 number and speak to Tom. I dont sell many of the titan series but I am assuming its something they will work hard to get resolved. I cant imagine the trailer harness not being adiquate. Have you used a DMM and confirmed ground and 12v signal?

I am not certain but I would wonder if the titan got the redesign recently to help prevent liquid intrusion.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
AutoDetailer said:
I would contact Feniex at the 800 number and speak to Tom. I dont sell many of the titan series but I am assuming its something they will work hard to get resolved. I cant imagine the trailer harness not being adiquate. Have you used a DMM and confirmed ground and 12v signal?

I am not certain but I would wonder if the titan got the redesign recently to help prevent liquid intrusion.

I know power and ground is fine because 2 of the 4 diodes in each light are working bright. Like I said I know they will fix them but at the current rate of failure if I send them back multiple times it will start to get a little costly. Thankfully it is on my personal vehicle and not a customer so I don't have to deal with that yet.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I personally haven't had any issues with any of the Titan heads I own (T-1000, 2 custom T-300s, and 2 single modules) Best bet would be to contact Feniex... Every company is prone to failures, it might just have been a bad batch with a weak component...

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
TritonBoulder47 said:
I personally haven't had any issues with any of the Titan heads I own (T-1000, 2 custom T-300s, and 2 single modules) Best bet would be to contact Feniex... Every company is prone to failures, it might just have been a bad batch with a weak component...

Yup I did own and still do own several different Feniex products and never had issues with them. I talked to Tom @ Feniex and he is going above and beyond to make sure I am satisfied. Props to them for that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.