FeniexOne Tweaking

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
Has anyone here sorta got down and dirty trying to tweak around some of the seemingly hidden features of the FeniexOne and serial/data-wire products like the Quad 800?

I have an off-brand vehicle (so there's no ODB reader compatibility) I rigged up with a decent setup, and have been trying to utilize certain features of the Quad 800 with the input configurations (like brake pop, turn signals, etc) however it's really buggy with certain things overriding other things.

For example reverse lighting (which is a simulated flood-lighting) functionality over-rides EVERYTHING, including when the bar is in any emergency flashing pattern toggle.

And the break-pop lighting overrides /almost/ everything with exception of the turn signal feature except when the turn signal feature triggers it works half bugged in the manner that if you're on the brakes and use the left turn signal the left two modules of the bar turn yellow but don't flash, and when you use the right turn signal it does similar (staying solid) however the rest of the modules turn off rather than stay red lol.

Now in messing around with the raw JSON (which is an impressive mess of insanity), I see input based sections when used have a variable setting of "InputActivationLevel", though it always seems to be 1. I'm curious has anyone here tried messing with this number to see if it actually acts like a priority control?

I've tried reaching out to Feniex's engineers (which is apparently a long and convoluted wait process) but I also don't have any extra bars to test this out on in fear of bugging out the Quad 800, so figured I'd ask here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.