Filters for TD Work lights

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Do clear filters for TD and Work lights (ie. MX7K,Vista's) or any type bar that is setup this way actually help?

Or should they be left without them?

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Vistas have the frosted filters for flashers. That might work better for a flood lamp, the more polished ones would be better for a spot application.

I am currently building a all clear vista for a client that wants a mixture of spot and flood and I am mixing the 2 different reflectors for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
jdh said:
Vistas have the frosted filters for flashers. That might work better for a flood lamp, the more polished ones would be better for a spot application.
I am currently building a all clear vista for a client that wants a mixture of spot and flood and I am mixing the 2 different reflectors for this.

Yeah I have those on the Vista's I've built using said polished lights.

I was wondering on the MX7 a member has clear for sale in classifieds.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
chief1565 said:
I was wondering on the MX7 a member has clear for sale in classifieds.

I imagine you mean these:

IMG_0455.JPG

In my experience, those are used only in applications where the customer wants alternating flashers in, say, red and white. They would be no good for takedowns.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
yep! got some space,but they are take downs and was wondering if they would change the efftiveness of them?

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
chief1565 said:
yep! got some space,but they are take downs and was wondering if they would change the efftiveness of them?

I have tons of those clear optic filters that are new if you decide you want some.

I installed 4 rear lights on a wildland truck , we left 2 w/o filters and 2 with filters, the ones with the filters lit up the bed well, but didnt project as far as the ones with out . they liked how the setup worked as a combination

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.