Fire Research LED's

darkhanger18

May 24, 2010
US...NY
So, I've looked around and maybe missed it, but I'm looking for some more information on the FRC Focus LED. Found the basic specs, but still can't find a price anywhere. Also looking for some hands on reviews, highlights, pitfalls anything you like or dont like?

chief3701

Jul 21, 2010
Eastern Ohio
I installed the Focus led lights on our brush truck to replace the 300 watt 12volt models that we ordered during the build of the truck. Overall we are very happy with the improvment. I can't remember what we paid per lighthead, but I do know the price varied through different dealers in our area.Focus 300watt 12v 003.JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus 300watt 12v 002.JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus 300watt 12v 001.JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus LED.JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus LED (4).JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus LED (3).JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl]Focus LED (2).JPG[/attachment:2a5bvurl] It's roughly 75' -100' from where I'm standing to the other side of the creek.

Focus LED (2).JPG

Focus LED (3).JPG

Focus LED (4).JPG

Focus LED.JPG

Focus 300watt 12v 001.JPG

Focus 300watt 12v 002.JPG

Focus 300watt 12v 003.JPG

strobenj

Jul 16, 2010
Clifton, NJ
Just did a comparison for the new rescue we are building and the Whelen Pioneers were much brighter than the FRC. Not sure how they compare to the HID version though.

led0987

Jul 13, 2010
Joplin, MO
http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/Pro ... Series.pdf

Whelen put this brochure out to reflect the light output of their new Pioneer's. Our department did a comparison between the two and found Whelen was brighter and had a better field left and right and not just in the front of the light. The Fire Research one got hot pretty quickly and the Pioneer stayed relatively cool. Also our rep told us FRC only has a 2 year warranty but Whelen has a full 5 years on theirs.

Would like to hear from anyone else who did a comparison and if our facts are right? Our department is buying a new quint and need to settle on a manufacturer soon.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I moved this from Equipment Reviews since its not really a review at all... More a question..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.