First of 28 unit build...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That's the cleanest those kennels will ever be lol! Great work as always Cajun!
agreed...

damn they have 28 k9 teams?! How big is the agency? 

What console was used?   

Always clean work by you...  

Reactions: cajunblitz

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I'm guessing just these K-9s and the rest will be normal partitions. I've been to Lafayette before - I don't think it's big enough for 28 K-9s

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
There goes that new car smell.

I see green trees hanging on the partitions in the near future.

Nice rigs though.

Oh one more thing when they going over to RED JACKET for mods?

Reactions: Pimp

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
agreed...

damn they have 28 k9 teams?! How big is the agency?

What console was used?

Always clean work by you...
Naw, seven of them are K9. The rest are patrol.

Gamber consoles.

I'm guessing just these K-9s and the rest will be normal partitions. I've been to Lafayette before - I don't think it's big enough for 28 K-9s
Dat rite Pimp!

They have enough k9 units? Lol. Hey what k9 system did you use, im fixing to build a unit similar to these.
System...as in K9 system?

Ray Allen F2 is what they wanted.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looking good Cajun! What LED lightheads did you use on this particular FRE&S spider outer edge? (I don't recognize those 3 LED modules)

Also, what's the complete list of blinkies installed? Personally, I think It's a bit repetitive to have a fully-populated rear of the lightbar and an outer edge-type of lightbar, but customer gets what they want & Everything looks like great 360 coverage

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Looking good Cajun! What LED lightheads did you use on this particular FRE&S spider outer edge? (I don't recognize those 3 LED modules)

Also, what's the complete list of blinkies installed? Personally, I think It's a bit repetitive to have a fully-populated rear of the lightbar and an outer edge-type of lightbar, but customer gets what they want & Everything looks like great 360 coverage
The light heads are the three diode versions of the Tomar Scorpion heads. The reason for the secondary bar on the rear of the truck is to maintain maximum warning to the rear when the directionals are in use on the overhead light bar.

Thank all of you for your positive comments. We work very hard to build the best unit for the budget we have.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
The light heads are the three diode versions of the Tomar Scorpion heads. The reason for the secondary bar on the rear of the truck is to maintain maximum warning to the rear when the directionals are in use on the overhead light bar.

Thank all of you for your positive comments. We work very hard to build the best unit for the budget we have.
Is the lightbar duo-color? Or does it just do directional in blue?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Directionals in blue. The light bar is an all linear Whelen WeCan Justice, but single color only.
How many LEDs per inboard in the justice linears, Cajun? I think I've only seen an all linear justice once in person, but it wasn't up close. For the upgrade to linear justice inboards from the con3's, is the price close to the cost of a standard Libby?

PS I know you don't like posting vids b/c of the flash pattern police commandos, but can you make an exception & the rest of us (that hail to/admire your work) will beat the s#@t out of those that dare criticize your Mona Lisa's?

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
How many LEDs per inboard in the justice linears, Cajun? I think I've only seen an all linear justice once in person, but it wasn't up close. For the upgrade to linear justice inboards from the con3's, is the price close to the cost of a standard Libby?

PS I know you don't like posting vids b/c of the flash pattern police commandos, but can you make an exception & the rest of us (that hail to/admire your work) will beat the s#@t out of those that dare criticize your Mona Lisa's?
The inner modules are 6 diode, corners are 9 diode. I got special pricing for this build, so I can sell this all linear WeCan Justice comfortably for $1300.00.

One of my installers shot a night video and some short burst daytimes.

IMG 00911: http://youtu.be/QZuSljqDLmQ

2014 Ford Interceptor SUV K-9 units by First Resp…: http://youtu.be/Ji0CrV-heas

2014 Ford Interceptor SUV K-9 units by First Resp…: http://youtu.be/FjipC4tlets

Reactions: VolEms and ff168577

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I honestly like the flash patterns. While some may argue that they are "too fast" I think that overall there's still large blocks of light instead of a random twinkling mess. I also LOVE the slower wig-wag of the TDs! As always, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Really nice installs.   I especially like those rear light sticks on the back upper section.   What brand are those?   I have not yet seen them before.    They add a heck of a lot of warning to the rear and I really like the fact they are outside of the window tint.   I feel that while it may work on unmarked units behind the tint for not wanting to expose your a patrol vehicle, on a marked unit, this is absolutely the only way to go.    And I'd actually use them on unmarked units too as they blend in with the appearance of the vehicle pretty well when turned off and would hardly be noticed by the average motorist going down the road.    Really nice job.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Thank you for adding a HLF! Only thing I would change is the center head on the Scorpion to amber to break up all the blue. 

Reactions: Storm4200

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Cajun you guys are famous!!

http://www.klfy.com/story/26218651/lafayette-pd-rolls-out-new-units?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Yes, even ol cajunblitz had his 15 seconds of fame...in his sweaty sexy Sunday best...

Reactions: uniden278

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
Question on the HLF... What kind is it, and can it be used with low beams on?

The area I am in we have 99 miles of Daytime Headlight section of highway, so our headlights are on pretty much 24/7 regardless of if we are in a section or not, just habit. 

We are starting to get the new Utilities, I am stuck in a 10' Explorer so it does not affect me, as I have a HLF, but the new ones don't.

I have not kept up with the newer HLF for the NGPI, but the first ones were made to work when the headlights were off, when the headlights were on it turned off the flashing, which wouldn't work for us.

Has it changed so the HLF can still flash the highs when the low beams are on?

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Yes, it flashes with the low beams on, but during the day, it's not as evident (effective) as in low light or at night..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.