Flashball for $23 - here is a link

It's over $60 now. Thanks for the headsup Bob, as many folks here would love to have it, but on the flipside since it was posted here on the board, eBay will probably get a tip about it and pull it before it ends. If anyone is serious about getting it, email the guy and ask a simple question about it and hopefully he will answer it. You will then have his email address and can write him afterwards to work out a deal if it is pulled.

03crownvic said:
It's over $60 now. Thanks for the headsup Bob, as many folks here would love to have it, but on the flipside since it was posted here on the board, eBay will probably get a tip about it and pull it before it ends. If anyone is serious about getting it, email the guy and ask a simple question about it and hopefully he will answer it. You will then have his email address and can write him afterwards to work out a deal if it is pulled.
It would be too bad if someone here on the board did that. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! You never know when you might want to use Ebay. You can't beat the size of the market it reaches. Even though you have to put up with the rules, it can still be worth it.

This listing (230527545985) has been removed, or this item is not available.
:eek:

Of course....

They don't call it evilbay for nothing........:|

It's a widely known fact over the years that when something really vintage or desireable on eBay has been mentioned on this board or any of the former boards, eBay has usually goten wind of it and promptly canceled it. Did anyone get an email to the guy in case this happened? If so, make a deal for it with him off eBay!

BTW, there is an empty Whelen 5200 strobe beacon, with only the dome and it's retaining ring and the chrome skirt that was listed on eBay today with a $40 starting bid. I've already emailed him about it and got a reply so if it is canceled, I'll see if he will make a deal offline. Unless the price is right, I probably can't afford it, and if that's the case, I'll pass along the info.

I think calling eBay's attention to vintage and collectible items and having them pulled is a dirty thing to do. I'll say nothing else on this matter.

It's a widely known fact over the years that when something really vintage or desireable on eBay has been mentioned on this board or any of the former boards, eBay has usually goten wind of it and promptly canceled it. Did anyone get an email to the guy in case this happened? If so, make a deal for it with him off eBay!
BTW, there is an empty Whelen 5200 strobe beacon, with only the dome and it's retaining ring and the chrome skirt that was listed on eBay today with a $40 starting bid. I've already emailed him about it and got a reply so if it is canceled, I'll see if he will make a deal offline. Unless the price is right, I probably can't afford it, and if that's the case, I'll pass along the info.

Wow tooo high of a price for just a shell. I got one fully working a year ago off flea bay. $50 shipped and in really good condition.

It's not a proven fact that eBay is being tipped off by a board member but anyone can read the posts without being a member, so they could be reported by anyone. It sure is coincidental that eBay auctions with these treasures are often pulled when info about them is posted here on the board.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381