Flasher help?

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
I'm trying to find a flasher that has individual activation wires for each pair of lights. I will have 6 or 8 pairs that I want to be able to control, but also have them synced. All I can find is the Whelen UFM8, but am not overly impressed with the limited pattern choices. Any other options out there?

noxin

Jun 24, 2011
Boston, MA
A lot of people are liking the Feniex 4200, either the Full size (lots-o-buttons) or the Mini (eight buttons). Depending on the lights, the could be done there instead of at the switch.

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
Not sure why you would need such selectivity, but anything is possible! You could of course use one flasher per pair of lights, and sync the flashers together. Another option would be to feed the output of the flasher through relays, switch the relay coil to turn on and off pairs of lights.

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
My plan is two have four Soundoff HAW's, two Intersectors on the mirrors, a pair of Ghosts in the back hatch and a Strobesnmore True Dual Eflood (flood light with warning lights on the ends). Basically I want the intersectors and Eflood warning (front lights) on one switch, the Ghosts (rear lights) on a switch, and the HAW's on a switch. I plan on using the Mini 4200 to control them, using one button for the flood option on the strobesnmore light, and maybe another for pattern change. I want everything synced when activated, I'm just not sure how to accomplish that.

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
I don't know what I was thinking when I typed 6-8 pairs in my original post. I was thinking 3-4 groups (may put rear HAW on a separate control also).

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The SoundOff lights will all sync together without needing an external flasher.

Or, you could use a central flasher and put switches or relays between the flasher outputs and each group of lights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.