Flasher with T/A Scan/Sequential & 5 outputs?

Ezarb

Feb 7, 2023
NE
I've looked all over for this unique setup & cannot find a no compromise solution.

Short of purchasing a Recon cab light setup with it's own odd flash patterns or purchasing an Atomic cab light setup that doesn't have a Scan/Sequential pattern, Im trying to find a Flasher that will accommodate an odd number of 5 outputs.. I have 5 cab lights, hence the reason I'm looking for 5 outputs

I would like to have just a basic in/out or side to side pattern for my 5 cab lights.

Naturally, the problem im running into is, every flasher has an even number of outputs. So it requires a bit of thinking or doubling up two outputs into a single cab light to get down too the 5 individual which then throws the patterns timing off.
Of course easiest route would be to just do a 3/2 alternating with the old Feinix Flasher I have kicking around..... But I'm rather stuck on this sequential side to side or in/out pattern as I've never seen it done on cab lights
The Sho-Me micro rotary can do 6 or 8 & has the patterns I'm looking for, but my concern is -
1. It looks rather slow like a really T/A is engineered
2. Because if how slow those T/A patterns are, there will be a funny/long pause while it triggers off that last unused #6 output & starts the pattern back the other way.

The old Feniex Flasher I have has somewhat of a in/out or scanner pattern, but one out of the five lights would have to be piggybacked to another & would cause one side too flash two at once as the outputs are triggering in a sequential fashion. Basically one side will get 2 lights on at once out of the 5 every time, so it's rather obvious

If anyone knows of a 5 output flasher or has anything productive too add please let me know.

Thank you for your help here.
I'll check back soon.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The code3 arrowstik controller has 5 outputs.

But you have to separate the lights from the chassis ground, because the arrowstik controller switches negative and the lights need a common +12V supply.

Reactions: Pete L.

Ezarb

Feb 7, 2023
NE
Hello my friend.
Just reading this now. I will have to look into it.. Just for my own reference here, am i going to come across 20 variations of this Code 3 arrow stick control?

I don't mind a ground triggered device. In fact I had strongly considered using my half a$$ed 4 output setup in that type manner. Id wire it up so that Cab lights come on normal with the park circuit & with a bit of wiring magic, let the flasher manipulate the grounds once it's powered on.

It would be even easier if it has a steady burn feature already, from there id just let it run the cab lights & then trigger patterns I want with one of my 4200Mini outputs.

Man.. knock on wood, that little 4200 Mini has allowed me some very clean setups in this truck for at least 5 years now & hides out directly out sight, right above my rearview. Current rating could be better but I'm just using it as relay triggers.. but even when I wasn't, it ran much more per circuit than it was rated for.

Anyhow I'm nerd rambling here..
Thanks for your suggestion. I greatly appreciate it.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I might not understand what you are trying to do here, but if all you want is an in-out, or side to side, why would you need more than two outputs? You only want two phases of flashing, doubling up lights on outputs is very normal. Or are you trying to accomplish some type of T/A pattern as well? Ive done an in-out pattern on a 5-cab-light setup using a whelen ULF-44.

Attachments

• 53522B85-E7C1-4D91-8EB2-8458A6C3AD0C.png
    53522B85-E7C1-4D91-8EB2-8458A6C3AD0C.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 3A1693EC-5E1C-4773-A69C-0EE8429B015D.png
    3A1693EC-5E1C-4773-A69C-0EE8429B015D.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
Whelen UFM-8 or Smartlogic would be my suggestion. I don't know of any flasher that has an odd number of outputs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.