Flashlight experts need some help

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I was asked by someone to locate a right angle led flashlight with a red or blue lens for use by a cadet on a local Civil air patrol. I don't know anything about flashlights so clue me in on who to look for and a brand to recommend.

Thanks

Dan

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Yeah, pretty easy to find the classic angle-head. Here's a link straight to the manufacturer that supplies the government:

http://fultonindoh.com/products/n476230-00-264-8261/

The tail cap contains a spare bulb and several filters, typically red, blue, semi-opaque white, and a clear diffusing lens.

Update: I missed the fact that they were looking for LED. As RolnCode3 says, the Streamlight Sidewinders are nice, but pricey. The Energizer Hardcase Tacticals are similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
since those old school mil spec angle head flashlights use the same bulbs as a 2 D mag lite... you can buy the led conversion at "the mart" and make it LED

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
The kids are required to have atleast 2 lights. A headlamp with red led is used by most as their first I have been asked to find them a quality second one.

The kids tried the local army navy stores already. I can get items from rothco I was a dealer when I still had the store. They want something compact and durable.

I wanted to get them to go with Streamlight Survivor lights like we use in the fire dept you cant kill them but to big/heavy for them. I recommended Streamlight  polytac 90 but I didn't see red filters for them.

That's why I asked here I don't know squat on flashlights  

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
They make flip-up filters for the regular Polytac. It's possible they might fit on the Polytac 90. I would call them and ask. (They're not far from here - nice folks.)

How about the Energizer Compact "Romeo" light?

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Tactical-Compact-Batteries-Included/dp/B004IF5ZDA

It takes just one AA battery, so we're not talking a powerhouse. But it might work out, depending on their needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
thanks I will check streamlight and pass on the other suggestions

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
A little update. I had never worked with individuals like I've been going through. Its a volunteer org of the air force who like the military can't do anything simply.

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I think it somewhat depends on the wing and squadron. It didn't seem too bad in the SAR squadron I was in as a Senior a number of years ago, but maybe things have changed since then.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
They seem like good kids Its all cadets no adult composite. There is an squadron down town from me that I was told to go check out they have their meetings on Tuesdays.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exploder97

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.