Flea market find...

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
Sweet.

I recently found a blue Southern VP 1166 teardrop on craigslist for $20.00. When I got it, the light was still in the box with stuff still in plastic. The vinyl cover hadn't even been taken out of the plastic. The owner bought two of them a long time ago, and never used the one he sold me.

I just love the old teardrops.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
Cleaned up nice, the internals look new. The dome must be original, as it is thicker than most modern pieces. Needs a dome retaining band, it's crusty, if anyone has a loose one for sale.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
Hoser said:
The label looks good, from the picture the band doesn't look bad. I believe I may have one extra one.

That's before I "cleaned" it, looks a little rougher now. The mutilated label was difficult to remove. I think I've got a couple of old Tuff-Built chassis somewhere, that have bands. By all means PM me if you locate one, I don't care about the label.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
patrol530 said:
That's before I "cleaned" it, looks a little rougher now. The mutilated label was difficult to remove. I think I've got a couple of old Tuff-Built chassis somewhere, that have bands. By all means PM me if you locate one, I don't care about the label.

Will do. Will check in the next day or two and get with you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.