Foot switch for siren

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
I have been thinking about it for the last couple months now and am want to pursue it now. I currently have a carson 1022 electronic siren with the mechanical tone and am wondering if I am able to use a linemaster foot switch to connect up to the manual to use the siren. I think it might be possible but I thought I would just check if any of you knew if it will 100% work. If anyone has any input or idea, let me know. Thanks

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
frfighter15 said:
I have been thinking about it for the last couple months now and am want to pursue it now. I currently have a carson 1022 electronic siren with the mechanical tone and am wondering if I am able to use a linemaster foot switch to connect up to the manual to use the siren. I think it might be possible but I thought I would just check if any of you knew if it will 100% work. If anyone has any input or idea, let me know. Thanks

Same siren, same footswitch, outstanding results. Worked well for me. Just make sure you have it hooked up to the normally closed position, and make sure you have it wired up right, and it will work for you. There is a dip switch inside for the remote activation of mechanical or manual wail, make sure thats on mechanical, and you'll be good.

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
frfighter15 said:
ok. now, can I wire it straight to the front part of the siren box where all the ports are or do I have to wire it internally?

There should be an option for remote activation wire to be screwed in on the terminal next to the speakers. Its basically meant for a "horn ring" but its one wire.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Sweet! Ive used the foot switch before and its awesome! One foot on the pedal, one hand on the airhorn chain, and one hand on the siren box and your good to go..hahah

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
HFD eng1ine said:
Sweet! Ive used the foot switch before and its awesome! One foot on the pedal, one hand on the airhorn chain, and one hand on the siren box and your good to go..hahah

I had a Federal EQ2B on an ambulance, and it came with a footswitch. On the EQ there are two ports on the back of the control head, plug the footswitch into one and it runs the Q sound manually, the other port is for the airhorn...which is awesome!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.