for sale question

Byte

May 21, 2010
N.E.O.
What is it your trying to sell?

If it doesn't fit into one of the Classified's forums, I would put it up for sale in the off-topic forum or Ebay.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
in the past i thought the only thing you cannot sell here is any kind of firearms,ammo,actually most weapons in general and any life saftey equipment

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
software is a no-no.

Just look at the forum descriptions on the main page. If the item meets one of those categories, post it there. If not, off topic or fleabay it goes...

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Don't post software, opticoms, weapons, or ammo (and maybe ballistic armor) for certain. Use good judgment on other items, especially questionable ones like I mentioned, and you should be OK.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
There are no posted rules that I have seen.

I remember the last board, the only restriction was "nothing that requires a prescription"

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Strange, I was not getting email replys so I thought this was a dead thread.

I was looking for thr "rules" of for sale offered.

k-9 police xj

Jun 21, 2010
Portland, Oregon
So, can we sell an Opticom here? I just had my *-bay listing pulled, but others have sold emitters on the bay. Is it some type of selective enforcment on their part? I'm not sure what is worse: having an item I cant use, or selling an item that is "restricted" :? .

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
k-9 police xj said:
So, can we sell an Opticom here? I just had my *-bay listing pulled, but others have sold emitters on the bay. Is it some type of selective enforcment on their part? I'm not sure what is worse: having an item I cant use, or selling an item that is "restricted" :? .

according to the nothing that requires a script rule...no...you as the seller would need to make sure that the person buying it is who they say they are, and are authorized to use it.

k-9 police xj

Jun 21, 2010
Portland, Oregon
kinnelonfire75 said:
according to the nothing that requires a script rule...no...you as the seller would need to make sure that the person buying it is who they say they are, and are authorized to use it.

Maybe thats why *-Bay pulled it...the end user most likely wouldnt be authorized to use it. So I guess the question is how to know. Is it customary to ask for deprtment letter head when selling this type of thing? Thoughts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.