Found Alley and Takedown LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
my alley lts now are the single mr 11 single halogen bulb and i want to switch over to the led design bulbs and can not find the double lt design and i was wondering if i could make my own by fab work to the original mr 11 bracket i have now and putting 2 lr 11 super leds in it has anyone done this please let me know tia

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I was in your shoes a while back with my Freedom. The dual LR11 does use a different bracket and are muy expensive new. I was going to stick a single LR in each end and the MR housing would have needed a LOT of grinding, and it wouldn't guarantee fit. Plus if the job got botched I would be without any alleys until I got new MR housings. I ended up slapping a pair of Feniex T6 dummy heads in as a compromise.

See post number 34 on my thread if interested.
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/freedom-on-07-silverado-update-11-11-15.64243/

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
also do you think one lr 11 would put out that much light or would it require 2 lr 11s also what was the cost of the lights you mentioned thanks

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.