Fox Fury Performance Fire Fighter Headlamp

I had that model, they work great. Only thing is mine got to hot and started to melt the outter lens, and the switch when bad. But mine was the first series of those. I do believe they have made changes to them. I know have the newest one out.It has (i think) 4 1watt leds and a changable lens. So when you melt the lens you can change it out. It's also 1/4 the size.

Cory

only 30 minutes of use before battery swap out?

Jarred J. said:
only 30 minutes of use before battery swap out?

The link above says 7-14 hours for battery life. The only mention of 30 minutes is that is meets the NFPA spec of surviving 500F temps for 30 minutes. If you get the "Command 20" model, it has double the battery life and only a slight drop in light output.

I've owned one for about 2yrs now with no problems at all...Best light on market imo 20 light w smoke eater leds commander series yea alil pricey but well worth it man.....Wouldnt trade it for nothing else out there as of now.

I have friends on departments all over my area and none have seen or heard of these lights. Before I spend money I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I was thinking about the 4 1watt led model but was and am worried about buying something that might be junk. Thank you guys for your feed back. I hope they are as nice as you guys say they are. Pat

Yeah, they're not very common. I've only seen one in my local area, but the company had a booth at the Firehouse.com Expo in Baltimore last summer. I'll pick one up eventually, I want to get some new gear before I start upgrading accessories. My bunker pants are 10 years old!

whatevah said:
Yeah, they're not very common. I've only seen one in my local area, but the company had a booth at the Firehouse.com Expo in Baltimore last summer. I'll pick one up eventually, I want to get some new gear before I start upgrading accessories. My bunker pants are 10 years old!

My dept buys all of my gear so im good. I have to buy anything beyond gear that they issue. They dont issue personal lights or helmet lights or glove holders kinda sucks! lol

uwr912 said:
My dept buys all of my gear so im good. I have to buy anything beyond gear that they issue. They dont issue personal lights or helmet lights or glove holders kinda sucks! lol
Same here... they supply boots pants coat and helmet. Gloves, too but mine keep walking off. Was issued fire gloves, leather work gloves and extrication gloves. down to just fire gloves and my mechanix gloves. also missing 2 LED versions of the typical Garrity helmet light.

whatevah said:
Same here... they supply boots pants coat and helmet. Gloves, too but mine keep walking off. Was issued fire gloves, leather work gloves and extrication gloves. down to just fire gloves and my mechanix gloves. also missing 2 LED versions of the typical Garrity helmet light.

Um, yep been there! Whats really bad is when you go on a call reach in to your pockets & no gloves! Someone stole my safety glasses and I have replaced them too many times. Why cant people leave shit alone!!!!! I really dont want to spend 100 bucks on a light to just have someone steal it. But I have made it well known that Im ordering this light and I am the only one getting one so hopefully it wont find its way off of my helmet!

oh yea i frogot to add that my hole dept use the this light and let me tell you going fom a garritt light to this light it dosent compare to anything else.The fox fury command 20 is one bad ass setup....

RMBROWN said:
oh yea i frogot to add that my hole dept use the this light and let me tell you going fom a garritt light to this light it dosent compare to anything else.The fox fury command 20 is one bad ass setup....

I was planning on ordering the command 20. Looks like the best one out of them all. Thanks for the info!

Look at the stream light helmet light they are 120 lumens and i bought mine for about 95 shipped, Just was looking around on eBay. It was NIB when i bought it to . I know Galls want like a 130$, but u can find them cheaper

There are alot of guys on my dept that have these lights and I plan on getting one as soon as I have the funds. One of the best things that I like about these is the flashing red LED on the back of the battery pack. I was on a hose line with heavy smoke conditions and I could see them VERY easily. The streamlight also has an LED on the back of theirs but I couldn't see the guy that had that side helmet mount when he turned his head. I am going to go for the fox fury discover that has higher lumens (1250 candlepower).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381