"freezing" rotator

Tbourg93

Sep 20, 2010
On the east coast
I have a jetsonic lightbar with 4 rotators ( 2 low speed and 2 high speed) On one of the high speed rotators when it is facing a certain position when turned it does not want to move. Can anyone help?

Tbourg93

Sep 20, 2010
On the east coast
The gears appear to be in great condition and the motor is perfectly alligned with the rotator. When the rotator is sitting in this certain spot and when the high speeds are turned on this rotator turns on and the motor runs but the light wont rotate

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I don't know how they worked, but it isn't one of the early models that had the front light cutoff is it?

Tbourg93

Sep 20, 2010
On the east coast
toon80 said:
I'm thinking about a loose motor shaft/worm gear connection and maybe the rotator is touching the dome?

Its not touching the dome its appears to sticking in the one position that its sitting in but in any other it works fine

I don't know how they worked, but it isn't one of the early models that had the front light cutoff is it?

no its the independent rotators. When I got it it had the strobes and the PC board in it for the lights to return to the front but the previous owner fried the thing :(

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I have a whelen light like that. The teeth are worn so minutely that you cant see, but it stops in the same position, I fixed it by adding shims to the motor pressing it more to the gear, meshing better.

Tbourg93

Sep 20, 2010
On the east coast
Richard P said:
I have a whelen light like that. The teeth are worn so minutely that you cant see, but it stops in the same position, I fixed it by adding shims to the motor pressing it more to the gear, meshing better.
Where can I find the kit to do this?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I cut a piece of tin and jammed it between the motor and the front motor mount assembly, it wasnt hard at all to make up something like that.

Tbourg93

Sep 20, 2010
On the east coast
Richard P said:
I cut a piece of tin and jammed it between the motor and the front motor mount assembly, it wasnt hard at all to make up something like that.
Got instructions on how to do that? I seen the gear was worn down on one side so much that when it rotates the light slips but freezes when shut off

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.