FrogLube

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Has anyone tried FrogLube? I recently purchased some and have nothing bad to say about it. It even took all the built up carbon and crap off of the brush I use for cleaning. Also it smells like mint when I shoot. What's not to like about that!? It makes the metal feel smooth and the action of every gun I've put it on feels smoother as well (AR, pistols, mossburg 590A1). Anyone else using it?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I'm sorry Hoff I just got to say it. The way you described all that sounds real kinky. :haha:

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
Luckly i know what you are talking about. It is great stuff. I use it on all my AR-15 and semi auto handguns with amazing results. Im not easy on guns in any way so if i havnt had any issues that says something about the product. I have an AR-15 right now that has over 10,000 round since its last cleaning. Im trying to see how far i can go before it stops working properly.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Retaks said:
Luckly i know what you are talking about. It is great stuff. I use it on all my AR-15 and semi auto handguns with amazing results. Im not easy on guns in any way so if i havnt had any issues that says something about the product. I have an AR-15 right now that has over 10,000 round since its last cleaning. Im trying to see how far i can go before it stops working properly.

There was an article I read months ago that was called Filthy 14 (sorry it sounds dirty again lol). It was about a gun that has been cleaned once in multiple thousands of rounds. A quick googling of it says that it could be past 40,000 rounds. Pretty good for a DI gun. I love the FrogLube! My buddy has a fairly new AK with only about 250 rounds though it tops. The action wasn't very smooth.... until he ordered some FrogLube and now it's very smooth when you charge the weapon. Not trying to be a cheerleader by any means, just seeing how many out there have heard of it.

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
I use it on all of my guns as well, slick and when you clean it the carbon just wipes off. Plus you can use it to clean and lube the gun inside the house with out overwhelming the wife with solvent odor.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Station 3 said:
Engine oil works great also

Yeah but you can't eat engine oil...

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Hoff said:
There was an article I read months ago that was called Filthy 14 (sorry it sounds dirty again lol). It was about a gun that has been cleaned once in multiple thousands of rounds. A quick googling of it says that it could be past 40,000 rounds. Pretty good for a DI gun. I love the FrogLube! My buddy has a fairly new AK with only about 250 rounds though it tops. The action wasn't very smooth.... until he ordered some FrogLube and now it's very smooth when you charge the weapon. Not trying to be a cheerleader by any means, just seeing how many out there have heard of it.

That gun is running Slip2000 lube, not Frog Lube. I also run Slip, and it is excellent. The concern I have about Frog Lube is that it was devised from a food manufacturing industry product. Not sure that the food manufacturing industry experiences the heat and cyclic rate of operations that a firearm sees.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.