FS Legend dome rplacement.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
What would the consensu be in terms of relacing the domes on a FS Legend? My takedowns, for whatever reason, have significantly melted the front of both domes, and I was wondering if the replacement would be something that an end user could perform, or find an installer to handle business?

I have some experience in installing, and the bar doesn't look overly complicated. So, what's the word.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
11b101abn said:
What would the consensu be in terms of relacing the domes on a FS Legend? My takedowns, for whatever reason, have significantly melted the front of both domes, and I was wondering if the replacement would be something that an end user could perform, or find an installer to handle business?

I have some experience in installing, and the bar doesn't look overly complicated. So, what's the word.

It's a piece of cake. You can easily do it. The bottom lenses (the "domes" are the top part) just slide out and the new ones slide on. Just watch when you slide the old ones off that the bolts don't drop out. You'll see what I mean.

The first time I did it I had them both off and back on in under 20 mins.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
leftcoastmark said:
It's a piece of cake. You can easily do it. The bottom lenses (the "domes" are the top part) just slide out and the new ones slide on. Just watch when you slide the old ones off that the bolts don't drop out. You'll see what I mean.

The first time I did it I had them both off and back on in under 20 mins.

Thanks. I gues it looks more complicated that it really is.

What about the cables and wires?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.