FS SmartSiren or Touchmaster

fireman616wfd

Veteran Member
May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Looking heavily into purchasing one of these and need to know if or how can I can these dual tone? I want Wail to constant run, I know I can run a remote siren to a seperate switch but was wanting to add it into the siren functions.

also if anyone has a siren/switchbox combo for sale let me know. Need one ASAP.

I have a SS with a button set up to Wail, then use the other three SS tones. It's the button to the left of the normal Wail, so it's right there with the rest of the siren tones. Works well. I had the remote already installed when I bought the SS, and figured why remove the old one...when I can run TWO! :)

how close is the smart sirens WAIL and the PA300's WAIL?? I have a couple of PA300's and cant decide if I could just put 2 PA300s in there for free and buy me a nice switchbox or buy a Smartsiren and hook the wail of the PA300 into the smartsiren?

The touchmaster delta in my opinion has one of the worst wail and yelp tones i have ever heard.

CenTexPSE said:
The touchmaster delta in my opinion has one of the worst wail and yelp tones i have ever heard.

OTH, there's a lot of people that love the Unitrol tones, including myself.

rwo978 said:
OTH, there's a lot of people that love the Unitrol tones, including myself.

Me too! My favorite sirens for tones in order are the Unitrol TM-4, the Unitrol Omega 90, the Unitrol 80K and then the TM-Delta. My favorite A/H sound of all time is the Omega90.

I personally think most everything else out there sounds "toyish" to me, especially Whelen tones.

I do, however (believe it or not!) like the wail, yelp and A/H of those new Able2 undercover series sirens. They used to sound like the ice cream man truck, but have since changed them. They actually sound like a meaty throaty police siren now!

I guess when it comes to siren sounds, to each his own!

If you leave the PA300 set to wail (or your tone of choice), you could use one of the pictured pushbuttons to make or break the PA300's main power circuit. However, you may not like the delay of about one second that you will have between when you push the pushbutton and when the wail begins to be heard. This is the fault of the PA300. This time may be less with a newer PA300 than an older PA300, but I am not sure.

hey what are you asking for that unit, i can use one. but i think i might go with a SOS system

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381