FS Vector on 2007 Chevy SIlverado POV **UPDATED 11-04-14**

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yeah I tried that but it dimmed down a lot because of the amp draw on the flasher having 4 heads on at once. It works for my application though.  Also Im considering selling this bar now (and after all that work :crazy: ) and upgrading an old Edge.  Jury is still out on that though...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Did some more mods to the ol' Vector today...Put in Blu/whi M6's and FINALLY got all the Chinese stuff out of the bar.  Ill be posting video soon.

EDIT: I did purchase an old edge from ChargerLighting to modify but after installing the M6's and setting up the whites as TD/WL solving my scene lighting problem I decided to leave on the "FrankenVector". 

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
i'll post some video of the updates just as soon as the 600s and Solaris heads I just bought from Boulder get put in..oh and another pair of 400s.he he he...

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Ok so I had some time to do a little testing...I want to keep a BLUE halogen rotator but can't decide on 1 center or 2 outboard...Thoughts?? And yes I know the patterns are off but that is only temporary...I have a Whelen ULF, just haven't had time to install it...

http://youtu.be/fCBZueC4ZCw

http://youtu.be/plxUo3Qk-xs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: acala91

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
So I FINALLY got around to recording the updates to the ol' Vector.  Here are the additions.

Front...

M6s in pods 3 and 5 at intersection angle.  They are split blu/whi and I use the whi for TD's/work.

FS Solaris (Thanx Boulder) double stacked in pods 2 and 6.  Lower at intersection upper facing forward.

Pods 1, 4, 7 all unchanged factory FS parts.

Centered the dash light and moved it up an inch. (I know...about friggin' time).

Whelen 600's on bumper at slight intersection angle.

Rear

Whelen 400's in pods 2, 3, 5, 6.

Converted the arrow stick over to G4 LED bulbs and switched up the flash pattern.

Changed the white taillight strobes to blue.

All the LEDs in the bar are wired to a Whelen ULF44 on action flash.  Man that thing is versatile.

This will be the last incarnation of this bar....it will be coming off later this winter and an upfitted EDGE will be going up soon.

2014-08-22_12-01-22_283.jpg2014-10-30_14-57-16_199.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7ScmEIeQ0&feature=youtu.be

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thanks man...Its crazy bright and moves traffic like you wouldn't believe!!  I still need more scene lighting and the edge is going to work better for that so it has to come off...oh well...gives me something to do this winter.  :)   I'll start a new thread for the Edge bar when it happens.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I will do....I need some of the LEDs for the Edge bar so when I get it all sorted out you'll be first to know...

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.