Fulton County NY Utility

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
This ride was just completed and assigned to the Road Patrol Captain.

I have no info on the specific equipment installed in it.

3203 1.jpg

3203 2.jpg

3203 3.jpg

3203 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Now that is really really classy. I'd love to have a video but I'm gonna guess that's not likely.

Still don't understand a marked vehicle without a rooftop lightbar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
nerdly_dood said:
Now that is really really classy. I'd love to have a video but I'm gonna guess that's not likely.

Still don't understand a marked vehicle without a rooftop lightbar.

I don't think I'll be able to snag a video of this one any time soon.

It's pretty common in NY to see marked slick-top patrol units. Without out the lightbar on the roof, the outline of the vehicle at a distance doesn't appear to be a police car.

It might well be a budget issue as well given the very high price of most quality roof top light bars versus the generally lower cost of interior bars.

Here's one of the regular road patrol units:

3210 1.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Very sexy graphics. It seems a handful of sheriff departments in central NY went with red themes (ie Tompkins). I like the black with the sexy, CONSERVATIVE graphics...nothing overdone or tacky ;-)

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I am also a fan of the black on red. That just looks cool!

As far as why use marked slick tops, our jail division uses marked slick tops (CVPI's, E-Series vans). Why? They are not responding to calls. They are just using them for admin use and sometimes prisoner transport but still want the public to know they are official Sheriffs Office vehicles. They usually get the road divisions hand-me-downs, less the warning equipment.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
pdk9 said:
Very sexy graphics. It seems a handful of sheriff departments in central NY went with red themes (ie Tompkins). I like the black with the sexy, CONSERVATIVE graphics...nothing overdone or tacky ;-)

Red has historically been the dominant color in NYS Sheriffs striping. I think it's mandated, like Ohio's.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
11b101abn said:
Red has historically been the dominant color in NYS Sheriffs striping. I think it's mandated, like Ohio's.

There are no mandates on color for NYS sheriff's cars.

This is the current color scheme and graphics for the county where I served 27.5 years as a career 911 Dispatcher:

mcso.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Steve0625 said:
It might well be a budget issue as well given the very high price of most quality roof top light bars versus the generally lower cost of interior bars.

Oh, so you haven't heard... :D Cost is never an excuse with me around. I pretty much always respond with this, or if even that's too much, this.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think this looks great! PERFECT amount of lighting, and PERFECT graphics. looks very intimidating. i love it!

R/W up front, R/B in the back?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Storm4200 said:
i think this looks great! PERFECT amount of lighting, and PERFECT graphics. looks very intimidating. i love it!

R/W up front, R/B in the back?

Not 100% sure on the colors, but the rest of the fleet is set up that way, so it's a good guess.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Steve0625 said:
It's pretty common in NY to see marked slick-top patrol units. Without out the lightbar on the roof, the outline of the vehicle at a distance doesn't appear to be a police car.

With strategically placed LEDs to maximize visibility, a rooftop light bar isn't necessary on a police car.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Wailer said:
With strategically placed LEDs to maximize visibility, a rooftop light bar isn't necessary on a police car.

Exactly. You've got to come up with a strategy to put them in useful places. With a lightbar, you just slap the thing on top, run wires around and call it done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.