Fused Relay

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am just checking that if I am installing a fused relay ( ie one thats got an inbuilt 15 amp replaceable blade fuse) , I dont need to install a separate fuse between the battery and the fused relay. There will only be at most 6 inches between the battery and the fused relay.

The fused relay going to power an external power socket at the rear of the truck bed and switched from inside the truck cabin

Thanks in advance

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Correct. But remember to factor in whether or not 15 amps will be enough for what you are doing

rad123

Aug 5, 2011
Dixon, CA
I have seen the blue fuses before but I have never seen the black relay.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The blue relay is a Hella relay (made in germany) I have one that came with a set of Hella driving lights from 1987ish.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks for the answers. I will be using the 15 amp blade fuse but could put in a smaller or larger blade fuse which makes it more useful than just a straight relay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.