G.E. 4464G green 60 watt bulbs?????????

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Would there be any interest in Green 4464 bulbs? I may have a cpl produced to test and judge their effectiveness.

Pricing would be in the $28ea. range.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Well it would be hard to mount a G.E. 4464G par 36 bulb where a par 46 bulb would fit. It's ok young grass hopper, you will catch onto bulb number ratings, bulb sizes and bulb placement sometime.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Green and blue absorb the most heat from incandescent bulbs and those bulbs are HOT. My guess is the lacquer won't last very long before it flakes or fades.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
NPS Ranger said:
Green and blue absorb the most heat from incandescent bulbs and those bulbs are HOT. My guess is the lacquer won't last very long before it flakes or fades.
That's true. I remember when CPD had 176 beacon rays they at one point has them B/R/B/W, they changed them to R/B/R/W because the paint on blue bulbs would crack and the blue bulbs didn't seem to last as long..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.