Galls interior lightbar

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
I have the opportunity to purchase a galls (I think its a DL165) interior lightbar, for $250. My current setup is a whelen talon, and strobesnmore 6 head led on my brush guard, plus 2 strobes in high beams. Should I stick with what I have? Or go for the interior lightbar? I love my talon... Don't know if the full bar would be better or worse. Thanks.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
07GD SFD said:
I'd say stay away from gen 1 LEDs and get gen 3. Don't waste your money.

I agree with this!

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
My friend has that in a Nissan Versa, and even in that car it looks small!

You're better off with 2 dual talons on the top or a larger lightbar and the talon moved to the bottom.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
bfd740 said:
My friend has that in a Nissan Versa, and even in that car it looks small!

You're better off with 2 dual talons on the top or a larger lightbar and the talon moved to the bottom.

That is something I thought about also... My current talon is red/red, so I thought about getting something like maybe red/white.

May 23, 2010
LaGrange, KY
the dl165 was a great bar, in its time. there are brighter interior bars on the market today.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
If it's what you got to work with, then hey, it works. Sure, there's brighter bars out there; but do you have the money for them? If I had the choice I would try and find a used gen3 bar. I'm sure you could find one for $250-$300. If you go with the dual talons, make them both red/white. then, sync them together. I used to have a similar setup with two dual Viper S2s. One on either side of the RVM. While one was red the other was white. I really liked the look of it. What ever you do, post some pics!

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Newberry13 said:
If it's what you got to work with, then hey, it works. Sure, there's brighter bars out there; but do you have the money for them? If I had the choice I would try and find a used gen3 bar. I'm sure you could find one for $250-$300. If you go with the dual talons, make them both red/white. then, sync them together. I used to have a similar setup with two dual Viper S2s. One on either side of the RVM. While one was red the other was white. I really liked the look of it. What ever you do, post some pics!

Pics soon! Honestly I didn't even think about changing my current setup until I was faced with this, I bought it from the guy, but probably just going to sell it... Like my current setup to much. Hard to beat the Talon.

firemedic1

Sep 29, 2010
USA, Texas
I had a 2004 chevy 2500 hd, I use to have that galls bar it looked great at night hard to see in the day. make sure you dont have that eyebrow tint at the top of your windshield. I would have to agree to a couple of the post on this that it would be better to wait and at least get a gen3 bar, they are as small and brighter than the gen1.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
The only reason I went ahead and bought it was because it was a friend of mine, that was in a bind, financially. So, like I said, may just end up selling this one, and getting something else, or stick to my Talon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.