galls TN series clearance

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
Mine arrived today also. With me working nights, I had yet to see one of these in action in bright mid afternoon FL sunlight, so I took the time to set it up and do some side by side comparison With a r/b Mini Phantom Max, and Whelen (single) Dash King 2000 LED in split r/b. Right off the bat it was clear this was an unfair competition for the dash king, so I pulled the plug on him haha. Now it may shock some people, but best I could tell, the phantom and the talon are about the same brightness head on, with the phantom (surprisingly) maybe even being a bit brighter in the sunlight. I played with mounting locations and angles to try to get them even, and the results stayed the same. Off axis (45degree) the phantom was the clear victor, which doesn't surprise me due to the way the light curves slightly. I will say though that it seemed the TN's reflectors were catching some sunlight, which was probably washing out the LED's a bit. I am fairly certain based on what I have seen, that the results will be very different at night.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Nine29 said:
Just confirmed the coupon code is still valid. $89.98 and fee shipping for a Dual Talon is a great deal, especially since they used to sell the original Whelen Dual Talon a couple years ago at $249.98!

Cool, I went looking for the code when the other link we were all using got shutdown, but I wasn't actually able to confirm it worked since I had already placed my order over the weekend.

LawMan902 said:
Mine arrived today also. With me working nights, I had yet to see one of these in action in bright mid afternoon FL sunlight, so I took the time to set it up and do some side by side comparison With a r/b Mini Phantom Max, and Whelen (single) Dash King 2000 LED in split r/b. Right off the bat it was clear this was an unfair competition for the dash king, so I pulled the plug on him haha. Now it may shock some people, but best I could tell, the phantom and the talon are about the same brightness head on, with the phantom (surprisingly) maybe even being a bit brighter in the sunlight. I played with mounting locations and angles to try to get them even, and the results stayed the same. Off axis (45degree) the phantom was the clear victor, which doesn't surprise me due to the way the light curves slightly. I will say though that it seemed the TN's reflectors were catching some sunlight, which was probably washing out the LED's a bit. I am fairly certain based on what I have seen, that the results will be very different at night.

I'm just curious, which Mini-Phantom do you have? The original one, or the newer "Max"... or whatever they call it?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
LawMan902 said:
him haha. Now it may shock some people, but best I could tell, the phantom and the talon are about the same brightness head on, with the phantom (surprisingly) maybe even being a bit brighter in the sunlight. I played with mounting locations and angles to try to get them even, and the results stayed the same. Off axis (45degree) the phantom was the clear victor

say WHAT??!!?? lol

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Jman423 said:
Holy HUGE gear bag!!

Everything arrived today, the Talons were tested successfully and the Galls Gear Bag is a LOT bigger than it looks in the catalog or on the website.

AMEN!! what a deal we got..

Got my 5 talons in the mail today and the gear bag and was shocked when I opened the bag to realize it was like the deluxe version. My talons are dated 7/10

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Retired1 said:
Two A/A TNs arrived today. No gear bag in the box - it shows to be backordered.

Well, quick service on the "backorder". The gear bag arrived today (TNs arrived yesterday).

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
Jman423 said:
I'm just curious, which Mini-Phantom do you have? The original one, or the newer "Max"... or whatever they call it?

I have the Mini Phantom MAX. Best $60 I ever spent! I will have to try to make a video of the 2 side by side.... I'm still scratching my head lol

fireman616wfd said:
say WHAT??!!?? lol

True story! I don't quite get it haha... Either way the Talon is still well worth the money... It is an EXCELLENT light... I will be heading off to work here shortly so I will have to see the night results :)

Mar 7, 2011
NY
Does anyone have any B/B or B/A TN series Talons for sale? I am sure there's some extra ones floating around since from what I have been reading alot of people just bought them for the free Duty Bag.

Well please let me know and stay safe

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
i just ordered one in R/B. It said it was in stock. I havent gotten a confirmation email from calls and it hasnt shown up on recent orders yet so we will see.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Right now they are showing A/A. R/R, & R/B in stock...

noloflash

Jul 23, 2011
NY
I'm showing "Was $199.99 Now As Low As $149.98"

BUT

it's still on sale when you look in the "shopping cart".

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like the only have 3 amber TNs left and will soon be all gone. Just out of curiosity I added 5 to my cart and it said "Out of stock", after changing it to 3 it shows "In Stock". So my guess is they are almost gone, so grab the last two while you still can. Do not know of any 10% deals, but still $99.98 is a good price for a Talon. Lets see how long it will take for them to be gone after this post, LOL!!

ajccss

Jun 8, 2011
USA NY
Hoser said:
I looked last week and didnt see them either, what are you looking for? Maybe someone on here has what your wanting.

Already made a post in the wanted section, looking for (1) R/B and (1) B/B or B/W

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
They are no longer selling the TN series. Probably ran out of stock. However, they are having a 15% off and Free shipping sale (Site wide!) now through midnight on 10/28. Just click here. Its a special holloween promotion.

Their sale site, publicsafety4less.com is having a sale on the split single avenger. You can now but it for $127.49. Thats 29% off! Its only available in Red/Clear, Blue/Clear and Red/Blue. Check it out here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.