Galls Traffic Alert siren with Magnapulse

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Probably ten years ago or more, Whelen produced the Traffic Alert siren for Galls with a tone they called Magnapulse. It was basically a yelp/phaser with a stuttered airhorn tone mixed in. Sounded pretty good. Here's a YT vid:

So I called Whelen tech support today to ask if they had the capability to provide custom software to program an HHS2200 with the Magnapulse tone for instance. The Whelen tech told me flat out, "We've never made a siren like that and we've never had a tone like that."

Uh huh. Good job.

Who do I talk to at Whelen that knows something about this?

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
Solvarex said:
Probably ten years ago or more, Whelen produced the Traffic Alert siren for Galls with a tone they called Magnapulse. It was basically a yelp/phaser with a stuttered airhorn tone mixed in. Sounded pretty good. Here's a YT vid:

Nice

Did you talk to Bruce Burgess at whelen. If not, he is the one you need to talk to.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Thanks! I'll do that.

It is a nice tone, no idea why Whelen didn't keep it. Unless, that ISN'T a Whelen siren after all, but it has the exact same construction and wail/yelp/horn tones as the 295HF100 (or whichever model it was).

JTipper

Jun 22, 2010
West central Louisiana
Got one of those on my collection shelf. It was bought for my 96 caprice back in 97 when I changed out the StreetHawk for a 9008 Edge (strobe bars were unheard of around here except for the Jetstrobe/Tomars on state units). It was a great siren and the Magna Pulse tone was ideal for clearing intersections. When the unit was retired I jumped on the chance to snatch the siren up. It sits with a PA300 with priority and an old SVP.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.