GE Orion programming experts needed

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Ok, well I don't need an expert, but I at least need someone that knows what they're doing. I'm pretty familiar with the Motorola CPS, at least for my HT1250. I've had an Orion for awhile, but haven't had a programming cable so I haven't touched it. I opened up the software the other day and was immediately lost. I'm gonna need someone that can pop in a chatroom with me, or maybe AIM or something like that some night and help me program the thing.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I heard they are shit simple to program.. I'm in the same boat as you thou, never programmed one before.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
It's windows. I'm already a member there, have been for years and years. But I'd rather have some live help rather than waiting a week for an answer.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Best bet is to play...it took me about 10 min with the dos software to figure it out, and about 5min with programmer.

Unless you need to, best thing to do is start from scratch and build a new radio file. Unlike current motorola radios, you do not need the radio codeplug to program.

After you make you "sets" (aka zone channels) you need to assign them in another screen to a system. Thats the biggest obstucle people run into with the Motorola vs GE way of radio programming. IE: Make a set called Fire, then in the system screen, click on "Fire" and make a system called "Fire".

Without rambling on too much, and not having programmer on this laptop - with the GE's you make a bank of channels then you assign them to a system. Kind doing it twice, but you only have to build them once. Kinda weird to explain. Catch me tomorrow evening and I'll try to have my programming laptop with me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.